Sunday, June 5, 2022

YOP Week #49 Year 11


 For those of you who only stop by on Sunday, I am recovering from a bout of diverticulitis.  I'm doing well.....the pain has subsided although I can still feel it there.....like a pulled muscle now.  I've spent a lot of time researching it especially a diet for now while there is inflamation.  So far, so good.  I've been eating cottage cheese, canned fruit, fish, canned sweet potatoes, pudding, rice and lots of water.  

I went to the  "new" doctor's office and filled out 13 pages of information...they are thorough!  They haven't gotten back to me with a followup appointment yet but I imagine it will be this next week sometime.

Meanwhile, I have been cleaning and de-cluttering and throwing out things not needed.  I also had to throw out food which I hate to do but my neighbor didn't want it and I can't have it....2 containers of cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and more.....so sad.  

Tomorrow, I drive to Missouri to take Grace to the vet.  It's an hour away and it's supposed to storm but I have to take her and Thursday I go back again to have her groomed.  It will be a busy week and I hope the storms are mild when I'm driving!   

I did get some "making" done this week.  On Grayson's tie all I need to do is bind off and weave in the ends and then find more yarn for Sam's tie.

This week I worked on Star XS and forgot yesterday was Saturday and I was supposed to work on Blackbird XS...........oh well,   There are 16 stars total and I have 4 completed.  I'm working on the 5th.  It would be nice if I could complete one a week.  I was sick at the beginning of this past week so I wasn't able to but almost!

Today is Sabbath Sunday and I will be back working on God Bless Our Home...GOD is finished.......but there is lots more to stitch

I've been working on Giant Granny Square blanket....still....I'm trying to use up as much stash acrylic yarn as possible........I need to spread it out today and see how big it is.  It might be time for the border....we'll see.  The picture below is my first giant granny square blanket and the lump is Miss Peeps!  She crawls  under there to take her nap....lol!  She's so funny!


 

I wanted to do final finishes and sew some project bags last week but alas being ill didn't allow for that and this week I will be busy with appointments that take almost an entire day each.....so, we'll see how much I get done.  I need to plan for YOP 2022-2023!  Have you been making plans?  Have a great week!  

Thank you all for your kind wishes and prayers and Jeanna I may be emailing you about your high fiber diet!  I need to recover from this first but hopefully, eventually I will heal.  So sorry you had to go through that too.

Happy Trails!!!




6 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Glad to hear that you are having slow and steady progress with healing. I am so happy that you found the doctor that can help you! It is sad to throw out groceries but out of sight, out of mind, and not in your tummy! I am amazed you got so much done when you aren't feeling your best. Safe travels this week!

Leftycrafter said...

For being a bit under the weather this week, you still managed to get some crafting time in. My husband had to go on a high fiber diet because of the same problem you have. He waited too long to get diagnosed and ended up with surgery to remove 13" of collapsed colon. Follow the Drs orders and you will be just fine.

Jeanna said...

Wow! You were still very productive, even feeling under the weather. The tie is so cute. Love your cross stitch projects as well AND the colors in your granny square blanket. Obviously, Miss Peeps likes it, too!
Hope you continue to feel better. Good luck with the new doctor.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to hear that you are mostly okay. I hope you get an appointment with the new doctor soon

Breathing Life said...

I am so sorry to hear you have been unwell. I will send along my prayers too. I am glad you have found foods that aren't irritating. I have been pretty much eating the same supper for months - chicken breast, brown rice and arugala salad with oil and vinegar dressing.
I don't mind the sameness as it keeps my tummy issues under control.
Take care and I hope the new doctor helps (they certainly took enough information....)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. You still managed to get a lot done while being ill! Thanks for the reminder to start planning for YOP 2022-2023. I haven’t done any planning yet! Jen@Carolina Tales