Monday, December 26, 2022

A Wonderful Christmas!!!

 I had a great Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  We had a white Christmas here which is very rare!  I got the last Advent gift from Amy....a beautiful little shoulder bag...so pretty........I don't carry a purse anymore but I do need something now that I have my phone and when I go to Mountain Home.

The grands each got me some little light up houses that they hand-painted.  They heard me talking about my cousin's Christmas (Hanover) Village and they thought these would help me get started with one too!  

Grayson also made me a coaster with his wood burning tool....those boys are so thoughtful!

I've been taking all the packages that I ordered this past month and put them aside until Christmas Day.  Half the time I don't remember what they are anyway! LOL!  So, it's a surprise for me.  Some of it was practical....some K-N95 masks, basting spray and sewing machine tape for 1/2 square triangles but then lots of it was fun stuff.........my new 3 year monthly planner..........

A quilt book with my next Christmas quilt in it....after I finish my other one!

I also got several books of Christmas stories......here is one of them........

I also received the book I will read as my first book in 2023 but I will save that for New Year's Day along with my word of the year.

I lost my Christmas cactus back when we had our ice storm years ago but on Christmas morning I came out to this.........my Christmas Gerbera Daisy!

I also cast on my Christmas Eve socks.........

and Christmas Day I had my Christmas XS start............baby Jesus from Mill Hill..........it's on perforated paper and there are beads too.  I've always wanted to try one of these kits so wish me luck!  It is a trilogy so there is also Mary and Joseph too.

I haven't gotten very far........

Christmas was wonderful as I got to talk to my family, I made a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, I had a fire in the fireplace and got to sit in front of it and read and do handwork.  I had Christmas cookies and eggnog......Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!  I hope you had a safe, warm, and meaningful Christmas.

Happy Trails!!!






6 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

What a good idea with the paint it yourself Xmas houses! It reminds me of Aunt Alice painting her ceramics. It sounds like you are back to regular food--I'm sure that's a reason to celebrate.

Miss Merry said...

Merry Christmas Sam!! Sounds like a perfect day.

Betsy said...

Such a wonderful day you had. So many lovely gifts. Your daughter and grandsons certainly know how to spoil you don't they?
I'm glad all was peaceful and happy for you. Merry Christmas Sam.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday with lots of lovely gifts and surprises. Take care.

Lucy Bowen said...

It sounds like a wonderful day. Hope you have a good few days before New year!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like you did okay! Now I have to say Happy New Year!