Sunday, December 11, 2022

YOP Week #24 Year 12

 I missed last week as I didn't have much progress to show.  I've been busy making, and wrapping, and mailing!  I have the best Post Office in the U.S. in Franklin, AR.  I took 3 packages to be mailed and they were small and light but they were in Priority Boxes that they had given me but they were going to cost $10 each to mail!   The contents weren't worth $10 unless you count my labor! LOL!  Anyway, I wasn't going to pay that.  He said he could get some boxes in the back and repackage them for me and they would cost about $5 a box so that's what he did!  It took him an hour and I told him to stop and wait on other customers when they came in.  He cut the labels off and redid them on the new boxes!  I couldn't believe it!  He said that's what they get paid for and I said I don't think so!  He went way above and beyond the call of duty in my book!  He'll be getting a special gift along with Christmas cookies for the whole gang there.  They are the best!

I have promised myself to Final Finish something each week until I am caught up....so  here is my Prairie Schooler Santa...........I plan on making more so then they will all be gathered together in a bowl or basket.  I felt mine was too big for an ornament on my little tree.  I also need to invest in some trims and some rusty/crusty bells and  pins.

I'm all prepped for my Christmas Eve sock cast on..........
I worked on Auntie's Sewing Box SAL piece.........this is the old fashioned cross stitch with lots of color changes and outlining....it will be beautiful when done if I live long enough to finish it! LOL!  I plan on this being my focus piece but there will be a new rotation being worked out for the new year.  There are 3 different colors of gold in that little area alone plus it will all get outlined too.........it is one of those old fashioned bird sewing clamps.......
I have been working on the 2nd ornament for the grands and then yesterday I found the original material so I may start over so they match........

That's all for crafting although I did get one pillowcase cut out and I plan on working on those this afternoon. I'm jotting down ideas and plans and goals for 2023 already.  I have my word of the year and I'll be choosing my first book of 2023 and purchasing that along with a Christmas Day start, A New Years Day start and a birthday start.  Lots of excitement in the new year!  Other than those, most of my attention this coming year will be focused on WIP's (works in progress).  

This week will be another final finish, a bit more wrapping and mailing, and baking cookies.  Tuesday starts my daughter and my Advent exchange!  I can't wait!  I got my cards in the mail so I'm doing better than most years.  Plus, I can see better! LOL!  I'll finish the 2nd ornament and work on the SAL.  There's a bit more decorating to do too.  How are your plans for the holidays coming along?  Are you making Christmas gifts?  I hope you are enjoying the lead up!  I've been playing Christmas music from the old days and watching Christmas movies in the evening.

Happy Trails!!!


  

6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Your Santa really turned out nice. You certainly do have some lovely items going. I so enjoy seeing all your xs items. Someday I will get back to my xs pieces I have going. The yarn for your Christmas socks is pretty. Love the sparkle in it. Very fitting for Christmas time.

Maureen D said...

Wow!! You are quite busy. Your post office is indeed the best. I know they will love your Christmas cookies as a thank you. I order almost everything online these days so sadly my Christmas present receivers get boxes that they end up having to wrap. Oh well. Thankfully no one complains. Today is my cookie baking day as there is a fun cookie exchange tomorrow. I love this month!!

Miss Merry said...

Your post is so cheerful! I can tell you are feeling better and better! And the eyes are doing good, too. Happy Dance!

I am feeling overwhelmed. This is year is reminding me of back when I had toddlers. Whatever I get done, they undo and I am running in circles. Our Christmas is the 17th and the clock is ticking. I did have some free hours today (Sunday) and I am 99% done with wrapping. Which I cannot do with them here.

Merry Christmas!

Jeanna said...

I love your Prairie Schooler Santa. I've stitched the 2006 one and have several others I want to stitch. I think a dough bowl full would be nice. I am still pondering my 2023 plans....maybe I'll get around to blogging again LOL. Enjoy your advent exchange.

Breathing Life said...

You sound very organized and productive and I agree the gentleman at the Post Office deserves a special treat! Since I am away from home this year I am sending out ecards. I have about half done - the labour intensive part was tracking down all the emails for the recepients. Can't wait to start seeing your Advent gifts from your daughter.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Sounds like you have been very organised and I’m jealous of your post offic chap. There’s a lady in our local post office and she is by far the rudest person I have ever met. There’s always a queue in there and so you see how rude she is to other customers and start hoping that the other lady is available when it’s your turn. Twice I’ve been there and the person in front of me has offered me their place when they have ended up with the rude one and I always say it’s ok I’m not in a rush 😂 So you are very lucky to have such a great team with one particular hero. I love the Santa carrying the fire screen he has embroidered, what a fun design.