Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Advent Day #1

 We started the Advent countdown to Christmas!   Amy received her little ceramic jack o' lantern and loved it.  

 


I received some antique blocks!  So cool! She gave me a few awhile ago too.  She picks them up at garage sales when she sees them............I'll have to find the other ones and see if I can spell something Christmas related...........

Yesterday I fell...I have no idea how it happened but I fell down the 3 steps into my garage.  Of course, I couldn't have fallen inside on the carpeting....noooo...I had to fall smack dab on the cement!  I landed on my hands and my knees.  I sat there afraid to  move for fear I broke something but I was fine.  I went about my business all day with no problem.  Until, I tried to get out of bed this morning.....whoa Nellie! The right leg wasn't working very well...but I hobbled around and took a Tylenol and now I'm fine again.  I imagine tomorrow morning I may be stiff again but not as bad, I hope.  

Today was bills, some cleaning, and I made those crescent cinnamon twists again for everyone at Dr.Arnold's office.  The people there are so nice.  I'm so glad I changed doctors!  I have an appointment tomorrow and a list of foods I want to see if I can eat now.  I haven't frosted the twists yet.  I'm waiting for them to cool.

The birds have been at the feeder like crazy....I have some I don't recognize....the black and white one I thought was a woodpecker but there's no red on his head....

any thoughts?

Well, I'd better go frost those cinnamon twists and get ready for Amy to call so we can open Advent Gift #2!

Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Oh dear! Be extra careful! I am a fellow "faller" and it is not fun. My major fall was the displaced spiral fracture to the humorous with surgery, a metal plate and screws. I fell on my left knee at an amusement park about 3 years ago and now favor my right knee due to continued pain. Well, I fell again, on carpet for gosh sakes, and now my right knee hurts. I am hyper sensitive to fall hazards now - no throw rugs, lots of handles everywhere. I even moved a floor mat at church today to keep it away from Ms Clumsy!

Love your gifts!

Cousin Kay said...

So glad you didn't break anything! I think the antique blocks are v. cool.

Leftycrafter said...

So glad you were not truly injured in your fall. Amy's little pumpkin is adorable. Love those vintage blocks. I have no idea what kind of bird that is. 99% of the birds here are pigeons.

Mama Pea said...

Your black and white bird, I'm pretty sure, is a Downy Woodpecker. We have them up here in Minnesota all year long. Right now, he's the only one that seems to like the bird ball I made with bacon fat! I think most of our falls, stumbles and oopsies are caused by thinking about seven or eight things at once and not leaving enough brain cells available to do the simple tasks of moving! So glad you weren't seriously hurt.

Jeanna said...

So sorry to hear of your fall. I hope you are ok and feeling better. Our bird feeder is extra busy as well. I look forward to following your advent openings.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Miss Merry - you have had some terrible falls! I'm so sorry you are still hurting. I was lucky, I guess.
Cousin Kay - You and me both!
Leftycrafter - Pigeons? I would think you would have lots of birds migrating to your area like they do to Mexico. I saw another podcast that was a "lefty crafter" on You Tube!
Mama Pea - Thank you for the id of the bird! You hit the nail on the head. At the t ime of my fall I was pushing the button for the garage door, turning the overhead light off and going down the stairs. I guess I just can't multi-task like I did back in the old days! LOL!
Jeanna - Thank you for always stopping by. I know how busy you are. I hope all is well with you. Happy XS-ing!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Downy Woodpecker, Chickadee and Goldfinch are your birds. Glad you are okay after your fall. No fun