Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Tuesday...........

 I finally got to start working on the quilt for my bed today.  In the morning I did my regular chores and watered outside before it got too hot.  It's 97 F right now..."feels like" 104 F!  There are heat advisories for sure!  I ran uptown and picked up my prescriptions, got the mail, and brought in the garbage can.  I've been inside ever since.  

After lunch I ironed and then I got out the fabric for my quilt.  I bought it from Craftsy when they were still in business.  They had great fabric and yarn deals.  This fabric was  6" wide and 45" long so I am cutting it into 6" squares for the quilt.  This quilt is just squares sewn together, nothing fancy. Craftsy is out there again but I won't join as I had classes I bought on the old one and when they went out of business  I lost the classes. Some I hadn't even taken yet.  There was no email or warning at all.....pouff...they were gone!  This will take me awhile to cut all the squares but the fabric is so pretty I don't mind at all except for the bending over...another back irritant but I just go sit and cross stitch  until it stops hurting and then I go back at it.  Eventually it will get done!


On another topic.....I've been trying to eat healthy and I pretty much always have but lately it seems these "healthy' foods are upsetting my stomach.   I realize that as you age you can't always handle foods that never bothered you before.  So, I researched foods that are hard to digest and lo and behold....all the foods that they tell you to eat that are so healthy are also the hardest to digest!  So, I'll be backing off from many of those "healthy" foods! LOL!  They are good for you but maybe when you're younger as it seems I just can't tolerate them anymore.  Unfortunately they are all things I love!

It was 1 year ago today that the derecho went through Iowa and many are still recovering from it.  There was massive destruction and you can still see evidence of it....so sad.  My daughter and her family were fortunate other than tree limbs but some lost their homes, cars, etc.  There were so many trees lost too.  There are lots of You Tube videos out there if you want to see a full-fledged derecho. It's also called a "land hurricane".  It lasted for hours too.  My daughter and her family live in Cedar Rapids but it went though the whole state.  

I hope you are staying cool or warm depending on where you're located. 

Happy Trails!!!


 


8 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I had that problem when I decided to eat healthier too. The biggest tummy turner was granola bars. I had spasms from those!

Those quilt fabrics are lovely! I can't wait to see it come together.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you find some good food to eat, your roasted veggies should be ok. Soups too! There are very few foods that are fried that I can eat..once in awhile French Fries. I do better with air fryer make your own fries using a bit of olive oil.
Your project sounds interesting.:)

Rain said...

Hi Sam! :) Oh my gosh, I can totally relate to "healthy" foods hurting you...I cannot eat many fresh fruits or veggies at all, they need to be cooked but even then I can't eat the skins. I think it has to do with pesticides but I'm not sure. I just avoid them unless I can cook the hell out of them lol! ;)

Becki said...

Rain's comment above makes me think about there being a number of veggies that are healthier cooked - or our bodies being better able to absorb the vitamins from them when they are cooked. It seems impossible to keep up with what is truly healthy - as what's healthy is continually changing. I hope you find what you like that is also healthy and easy for you to digest.

Pretty fabrics! I look forward to watching your quilt grow. :)

Susan said...

Those fabrics are so lovely! I did notice that, even when you are "resting", you're working, LOL! I agree that some foods are more difficult to digest as you get older. I don't tolerate ice cream like I used to - but I still try!

sophia lee said...

What has your government done to help save you from your financial instability? you strive to survive and yet you hear stories of how your leaders have become terror in your entities... is time to make a different. for will have made money, and we have also come to help you out from your long time of financial suffering. clearing of credit card is made available, software for hacking ATM machines, bank to bank hacking and transfer, change your school grade and become something useful in the society. we also have other form of services such as Facebook hack, whats-app hack, twitter hack, i cloud hack, tracking of smart phones, hacking CCTV, installation of software on desktop and PC, snap-chat hack, Skype hack, wire wire, bitcoin account hack, erase your criminal record and be free for ever. database hack and many more. e-mail: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com for your genuine hacking services and we shock we your findings.  

Debi Mitchell said...

My name is Debi Mitchell! I'm here to testify about Mr Larry Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines all over the world. I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 24,000 dollars. You can withdrawal up to $1,200 per day. You can also use it to shop online and attach it to your PayPal account. The card is already been hack, loaded and programmed with fund. If you want to get one for yourself, contact him via his email: (Larrypatrick_k@aol.com) Do not miss this great opportunity.

Unknown said...

RELIABLE BUSINESS/HOME/COMPANY/PROJECT/PERSONAL LOAN? AFFORDABLE LOAN IS HERE FOR YOU TODAY Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

We are financial consultants providing reliable loans to individuals and funding for business, home and projects start up. Are you tired of seeking loans or are you in any financial mess. Do you have a low credit score, and you will find it difficult to get loans from banks and other financial institutions? then worry no more for we are the solution to your financial misfortune. we offer all types of loan ranging from $5,000.00 to $200,000,000.00USD with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 33 years to pay back the loan secure and unsecured. Are you losing sleep at nights worrying how to get a Legit Loan Lender? Contact us via WhatsApp Number +12156195367 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

* Personal loans * Business loans
* Home loans * Farm Loans
* Education loans * Debt consolidation loans
* Truck Loans * Car Loans
* Hotels Loans * Refinancing Loans
* Venture capital and many more.

We are certified, reliable, financially powerful, fast and dynamic, with no credit check and offers a 100% guarantee loans and finances

Best Regards
Mrs. Dorothy Pilkenton Jean
Financial Advisor on Bank Instruments,
Private Banking and Client Services
Email: Address: profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com
WhatsApp Number +12156195367
Operation: We provide Financial Service Such As Bank Instrument
From AA Rate Banks, Cash Loan,BG,SBLC,BOND,PPP,MTN,TRADING,FUNDING MONETIZING etc.