Sunday, August 29, 2021

YOP Week #9


 I got some things done this week but didn't accomplish all my goals.  I wanted to get 8" knitted on the sheep pillow but only managed 6".  I need 16" altogether.  I did get all my quilt squares cut finally for my bed quilt and I arranged them by color.

 

I pressed my QAL materials and got some of them cut part way.........


I did drag out my Halloween XS's from last year......I hope to finish this one by Halloween.

There's this one too but it will not get done this year......

Then I found some Fall XS patterns but not sure which one I will choose to start........which one would you choose?




I'll let you know next week which one I pick.

I dug out my natural dye book as this is the season to gather some of the plants used in dyeing.  I'm just a beginner but I have saved lots of onion skins (both red and yellow) and I have avocado skins and pits.  I have marigolds and I think that is one I need to dry and save.


 I'm also reading Where Women Create magazine which is very inspiring and showcases different female creators and their studios.

I'm hoping to get some sewing in this afternoon.  Right now I have an egg casserole in the oven for brunch.  Hurricane Ida is hitting Louisiana as I write this.  I pray everyone remains safe.  We will get a bit of the rain and wind probably tomorrow but nothing like what they're experiencing.

I hope you all have a good week!

Happy Trails!!!





12 comments:

Maureen D said...

Such fun cross stitches to do. They all look fun. Good luck with your natural dying.

Leftycrafter said...

Congrats on getting all the material cut and sorted. I like the Thankful Quaker sampler. Will venfun to see your choice next week. I remember that Halloween sampler you worked on last year. I have confidence you will have it done for this years holiday.

HighlandHeffalump said...

I like the ones with pumpkins, but I suppose you just finished the cute spiced pumpkin one. I really love seeing your Halloween one again, it is up there with one of my favourites and not even finished yet.

Miss Merry said...

I can't wait to see your bed quilt take shape! And I love all those autumn cross stitch patterns.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The September one with the house! Hope you have a great week!

ceulanfibres said...

I’m looking forward to seeing your quilt take shape I really like the colours you’ve put together. I haven’t tried natural dyeing as it looks a bit more complicated than acid dyeing, I do quite fancy trying a dyeing patch in the garden.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Even if you never reach your daily goal, you still accomplish so much. I'd pick the alphabet sampler with the pumpkin because it has limited colors and would be quicker to finish. I'm all about easy and simple. ;)

Kath (BackstageKnits) said...

I probably would chose the Thankful Quaker one, but that's because I'm the daughter of a minister and I know that hymn very well! :D

Cinna Knits said...

The sampler from Prairie Moon is breathtaking!
I like the turkey kit, mostly because its a bit whimsical and looks like the stitch work could be meditative.

Your quilt is coming along nicely. Just getting the cuts done is A HUGE accomplishment!

Becki said...

You've been very productive even if all your goals weren't reached. I like all those autumny cross stitches. If you forced me to pick, I'd probably choose the September Blackbird Designs one. Looking forward to seeing what YOU choose. :)

Breathing Life said...

Every time I see your cross-stitch patterns I wish I had the eyesight (and patience) to try one. I think I am going to look into getting that Wild dye book. I have so much handspun to dye and that looks so intriguing.

Debi Mitchell said...

My name is Debi Mitchell! I'm here to testify about Mr Larry Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines all over the world. I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 24,000 dollars. You can withdrawal up to $1,200 per day. You can also use it to shop online and attach it to your PayPal account. The card is already been hack, loaded and programmed with fund. If you want to get one for yourself, contact him via his email: (Larrypatrick_k@aol.com) Do not miss this great opportunity.