Sunday, August 15, 2021

YOP Week #7

This was a good week...more for crafting than cleaning but I had to get started on some projects for Christmas and other holidays.

I do have one finish......my little mini quilt....I'm sure you're tired of seeing it but it is done!

 Then it was on to my bed quilt and I am still cutting out fabric for it...............I'm about 1/2 way done with cutting the 6" squares......

This is what is left to cut.............

Celeste Creates on You Tube came out with the 2nd video for the Quilt Along Tutorial so now I need to press and cut the materials for it............I chose my 8 fat quarters from the bundle I purchased...............but I still need to order batting and backing..............

I was trying to cross stitch 1 star each week but it looks like it will take 2 weeks............I didn't quite manage to get that 4th star finished.............there are 16 altogether.............

I am approaching the finish line for the Giant Granny Square blanket.........There are 11 rounds for the border and I have 5 or 6 left to do.  Hopefully, I will be able to wrap it up before next week.


I did cast on a Christmas gift..............a sheep pillow for one of my grandsons.........

this is as far as I've gotten so far....I need 16 inches for the body............I have about 2 so far! LOL!

As an aside, I would like to wish my friend, Vickie, a very happy birthday today!!!   I am still cleaning and de-cluttering.  We had a nice storm Friday night that cooled things down a bit.

This coming week will be more cleaning and de-cluttering (the story of my life), I want to finish the 4th star, finish the Giant Granny Square blanket, and finish cutting out the squares for my bed quilt.  I'll definitely be knitting on that sheep too. 

I got a couple new recipes I want to try out  from Far Side of Fifty, and e-i-e-i-omg!   As for reading; my fiction is 13 Little Blue Envelopes, my non-fiction is Tell Me More and for a magazine I'm reading National Geographic ( I have a stack of old ones I got from the free bin at the library a long time ago).  As for t.v.,I watch several podcasts; Simple Living Alaska, Northern Seclusion, Celeste Creates, Lori Holt and Svalbard with Cecelia.  As for series, I am still watching Heartland and Virgin River both of which I highly recommend.  The books right now are okay....I'll see what I think when I finish them.  That's all the news that's fit to print for this week!  Stay safe and get vaccinated if you're not!

Happy Trails!!!







16 comments:

Maureen D said...

Love your quilt updates. So far I've resisted taking on quilting even though I have a friend with a fancy quilting machine. I don't need to add a fabric stash to my yarn stash. That wooly sheep looks so fun. I look forward to hearing about making it.

Miss Merry said...

Your little quilt is so precious! I don't mind if you share it every week!

Leftycrafter said...

You did get a lot of crafting done this week. Your mini quilt is so sweet. The one for your bed is going to be great too. How long do you think it will take to make it? That sheep pillow is great. It looks complicated. I am sure your grandson will love it. The cross stitch is pretty. Your stitches are so nice and neat. Will you frame it or make it into a pillow or what? You knock those granny square blankets out so quickly. The colors are always so cheerful too. Have a blessed week.

Cinna Knits said...

I'm totally smitten with your sheep pillow! It will be so darling once finished!

Your mini quilt is precious, and it is so perfect. The bed quilt has A LOT of cutting!! I'm sure you will persist in finishing up the cutting soon.

Great progress on the cross stitch!

Breathing Life said...

Busy lady! I love Heartland and Virgin River too. Your quilting looks amazing, and that sheep pillow will be so special when it is done. I can see why the stars take two weeks with all the other projects you have on the go!

Becki said...

That sheep pillow is awesome! I will enjoy watching that grow. And your mini quilt is so sweet. I've enjoyed Virgin River, too, but I keep forgetting to watch it. I've recently started watching Mad About You on Amazon Prime. I remember hubs and I enjoyed watching that when it was first on TV, and it's taking me back to my younger days. I hope you have a good week ahead, Sam!

Lucy Bowen said...

Your quilt is lovely and all of your projects, as always, are gorgeous. That sheep is going to be amazing and I can't wait to see your finished granny square blanket.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am caught up on Virgin River again...they leave you hanging...I wish I had not watched and saved them up until they are done with the series. I am watching Heartland too...lots of seasons left.
That sheep pillow is really cute!
Hope you have a really good week!

Betsy said...

Hi Sam! It's good to be back and reading everyone's blogs and be able to leave a comment. I did read while we were gone but couldn't comment on anything.
Your little mini quilt is so perfect. Are you going to hang it or use it as a table runner/cover? You're very ambitious with all of your projects. I'm still working on Piper's advent mini-socks. I want to start the ornaments for everyone for this year too.
Mandy and I recommended we watch Heartland Docs so we watched the first episode Saturday night. I also want to watch Virgin River because so many of you are talking about it.
Have a wonderful Monday my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Anne P said...

I'll never get tired of your quilt updates. Your mini quilt is so sweet and pretty. Have a wonderful rest of your week!

D'Nali said...

Oh my, that mini quilt makes me want to try quilting, it's soooo good!

That granny square blanket is going to be epic when its done as is the sheep pillow.

Ella said...

A sheep pillow? Now I'll have to go pattern hunting because I really really REALLY need a sheep pillow for myself.

sophia lee said...

What has your government done to help save you from your financial instability? you strive to survive and yet you hear stories of how your leaders have become terror in your entities... is time to make a different. for will have made money, and we have also come to help you out from your long time of financial suffering. clearing of credit card is made available, software for hacking ATM machines, bank to bank hacking and transfer, change your school grade and become something useful in the society. we also have other form of services such as Facebook hack, whats-app hack, twitter hack, i cloud hack, tracking of smart phones, hacking CCTV, installation of software on desktop and PC, snap-chat hack, Skype hack, wire wire, bitcoin account hack, erase your criminal record and be free for ever. database hack and many more. e-mail: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com for your genuine hacking services and we shock we your findings.  

HighlandHeffalump said...

I love the sheep pillow you are making, I’m sure your grandson will love it. I have watched all of Virgin River. Every time they release a new series I seem to binge watch it in one day. I’ll have a look for the other you’ve recommended.

Debi Mitchell said...

My name is Debi Mitchell! I'm here to testify about Mr Larry Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines all over the world. I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 24,000 dollars. You can withdrawal up to $1,200 per day. You can also use it to shop online and attach it to your PayPal account. The card is already been hack, loaded and programmed with fund. If you want to get one for yourself, contact him via his email: (Larrypatrick_k@aol.com) Do not miss this great opportunity.

Unknown said...

RELIABLE BUSINESS/HOME/COMPANY/PROJECT/PERSONAL LOAN? AFFORDABLE LOAN IS HERE FOR YOU TODAY Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

We are financial consultants providing reliable loans to individuals and funding for business, home and projects start up. Are you tired of seeking loans or are you in any financial mess. Do you have a low credit score, and you will find it difficult to get loans from banks and other financial institutions? then worry no more for we are the solution to your financial misfortune. we offer all types of loan ranging from $5,000.00 to $200,000,000.00USD with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 33 years to pay back the loan secure and unsecured. Are you losing sleep at nights worrying how to get a Legit Loan Lender? Contact us via WhatsApp Number +12156195367 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

* Personal loans * Business loans
* Home loans * Farm Loans
* Education loans * Debt consolidation loans
* Truck Loans * Car Loans
* Hotels Loans * Refinancing Loans
* Venture capital and many more.

We are certified, reliable, financially powerful, fast and dynamic, with no credit check and offers a 100% guarantee loans and finances

Best Regards
Mrs. Dorothy Pilkenton Jean
Financial Advisor on Bank Instruments,
Private Banking and Client Services
Email: Address: profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com
WhatsApp Number +12156195367
Operation: We provide Financial Service Such As Bank Instrument
From AA Rate Banks, Cash Loan,BG,SBLC,BOND,PPP,MTN,TRADING,FUNDING MONETIZING etc.