Saturday, April 8, 2023

Blackbird Saturday

 I have decided to work on a Blackbird Design cross stitch project on Saturdays.  Some people call it Blackbird Weekend but I have my Sabbath Stitch on Sundays so Blackbird will only get love on Saturdays.  I had this one started but not too much..........

I'm stitching on white 14 count Aida fabric and using all the called for colors.  I do not like white at all but it must  have been all I had when I wanted to start this project.  I will probably dye it when done which won't hurt the stitching as it is already pretty dark.  They show the finished design on a box with a little pin cushion to stitch that goes in the box.  I plan on doing the same type of finish.

Today was another beautiful day.  Yesterday I worked outside trimming and pruning.  My clematis had died off last summer while I was in the hospital.  It was too hot.  I thought it was a goner but in raking it away I found new growth underneath!  Oh happy days!  

During that storm earlier this week, when I got up the next morning I found a puddle on my kitchen floor but no leak in the ceiling but I have a sun skylight and I figured it  must have come through there.  It had never happened before but then it was a really strong storm.  I figured if it happened again I would call someone.  Well, in working in the yard I found a dome cover that goes over the skylight so I will have to buy a new one and get someone to install it.  Mystery solved!

Yesterday I made my cream of potato soup for the first time in awhile and had it for supper....so far so good!  

Today Luther and his wife came and did the lawn.  They are so nice and do such a beautiful job.  I am blessed to have them!  I also made vanilla pudding from scratch as I know I can tolerate that.  

I hope you are all fine and dandy!

Happy Trails!!!

P.S.  Miss Merry, please send me your email as I can read your posts but I cannot comment and I don't want to lose touch with you so I may just have to email you.  My email is saminil104@gmail.com

It will be kind of like the old pen pals....lol! 


3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like you are feeling better! Happy Easter!
I know that if people use the comment form that allows replies then some people cannot comment on phones or I pads. I reverted my comments back to an old style and as far as I know everyone can comment. It must be some setting that blogger has:(

Betsy said...

I'm glad that you're able to eat a few more things again now. I've been praying for you. Wishing you a wonderful Easter with blessings galore.
Hugs,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

Hi Sam, so glad you are feeling better.

I wonder why you can't comment? I will email you my email so we can keep in touch. Silly internet. <3