Sunday, April 30, 2023

YOP Week #44 Year 12

 I  managed to get a few things done this past week but not much.  I was out and about Tuesday through Friday!  That is very unusual for me and for some reason  if I go out in the morning and come home, I can't seem to muster up any energy to do much the rest of the day.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday all had to do with my Tahoe but it is finely tuned and ready for another 20 years....I hope!  I just need to get it detailed now.  Friday was Walmart so...I was bushed after all that running around.

Yesterday was the first day all week that I got to stay home and it was a good one as it was rainy which made for a cozy day inside.  I did some laundry, made cookies and in the afternoon I got my BOM #3 finished....tada!   I've already received blocks 5 and 6 so I had better get busy!  Today I am hoping to get block #4 cut out.

I did work on my sock and finished the cuff and have about an inch of the leg done....

My focus XS piece this week was my tribute to my son.  He died in July of 2019....it will be 4 years on July 24th.  I'd tried picking this up several times to work on it but I just couldn't handle it but I think I can this time. The only problem I have with this is the part where it states "I will not shed a tear or be sad"....huh?  Are you kidding me?  I have shed plenty of tears and been plenty sad so I'm not sure what she was thinking when she wrote that.  She designed this piece to commemorate the death of  her mother.   Time does heal all wounds but some things you never get over.   I  don't dwell on it and I know Jim would want me to be happy and I am.  I'm going to have to do something with the hair on the woman....I need to make a grey topknot for her hair! LOL!

I know I showed you this bag last week but this week it has something inside it.....the very first Christmas project for 2023!  Yes, ornaments or Halloween and Christmas, Advent gifts and Christmas gifts are not all going to be making an appearance but know that there are things being worked on!

Speaking of ornaments....I ordered Lori Holt's box that holds her stitch cards and index cards.  It was on sale otherwise I would not have purchased it....I think her stuff is a little too pricey compared to others.

I also ordered her Set F stitch cards which are Halloween.....



I also ordered a covered button set, some hardware for zipper pulls on bags, and material for making the above ornaments.

So, for this coming week, I hope to get more done since I have no where I need to go unless it would be to Tractor Supply for flowers and bird stuff........oh yeah!

Otherwise, I hope to finish BOM #4, work on hexies, XS, and sock #2.

I had one of my favorite birds stop by....a mourning dove.........I always thought they were "morning" doves.....lol!

Have a great week!

Happy Trails!!!





 


6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

If you like mourning doves, come to my house. They are plentiful here. Between them and the pigeons....we always have bird sounds going on. You got quite a bit done for being on the go all week.

Maureen D said...

Your quilt block looks great. I am sorry for the loss of your son. I cannot imagine. I know these next 2 months will be unbearable for my sister-in-law and brother as they experience their first Mother's Day, Father's Day and my nephew's birthday since he died last October. I went to church for the first time today and found myself so angry that I'm not sure I'll go back. Hope you have a great week with or without crafting.

Miss Merry said...

Busy Lady! Your quilt block is so pretty. It really came out nice. Can't wait to see #4.

The tribute to your son will be beautiful, no matter how long it takes. It is bittersweet as you work on it, but I know he appreciates that you are thinking of him while stitching. It is not fair to lose a child.

Halloween and Christmas!!! Yikes, I took down my last Christmas decoration today, lol. (okay, I kept forgetting. And I would never remember until I sat down and night and saw it. And then I was to tired to get up and move it. BUT finally, LOL.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a beautiful sampler, I can only imagine the tears you have shed. Four years...and I am certain your heart still aches. Not fair...not fair.

HighlandHeffalump said...

I’m glad you feel in a position to continue the xs in memory of your son. I still shed a tear for my childhood best friend who died 10 years ago but I still chuckle to myself too at the crazy things he did. You are the 2nd blog I’ve just read with a mourning dove on and I too thought they were morning doves. I don’t think we get them here, we have a pair of collared doves that visit our bird bath though.

Jeanna said...

I've never stitched any of the Lori Holt stitch cards but I've seen some cute ones. You are way ahead of the game with your Christmas presents...good for you!