Sunday, April 9, 2023

YOP Week #41 Year 12


Happy Easter everyone!  It is a beautiful day here and I hope you are able to enjoy nice weather where you are.  I have been absent from YOP because my diverticulitis made another appearance!  Dang it!  It took some antibiotics, lots of rest, and a liquid diet but I am recovering and avoided going to the hospital PTL!

I have started back with my crafts, and cleaning, and yard work slowly but surely.  I can't remember what I showed you last time so if it's a repeat, I apologize.

I have worked on my sock #1 and have finished the gusset and I am about halfway down the foot.  BTW, I have big feet! LOL!  I'm hoping to have the first sock finished and start on the 2nd one by next week.

I did bring out an Easter WIP that I started last year.  It's a pattern by The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch.......I'm pretty sure this will not get finished by today so it will probably get put away until next Spring now.

I finished the first 2 blocks of the Block of the Month quilt I am subscribed to.  The 3rd block has arrived so I need to get busy on that.........  

I worked on my birthday start on the 4th.  This is a full coverage large piece that will take a long time but I am enjoying it when I do pick it up...........

Grayson's wolf is part of my rotation of 5 projects for 5 days per month...it's not as easy as I thought as the colors are so close that it is hard to know where you are at.  There are like 4 or 5 different navy blues. I may have to start highlighting the pattern....

On Sundays I work on my Sabbath Stitch.......it's coming along...it's amazing how much progress you can make by just continuing to work on something even if it isn't for an extended period of time.  It makes me feel good because the older I get the slower I get but I keep plugging away on projects and eventually they get done....or I die...whichever comes first! LOL!

I did subscribe to another monthly club that I heard about through The Sew n' Sews podcast.  It is from Under the Garden Moon and every month you get a kit containing 2 pages of what will eventually become an embroidery book of stitches.  You get all the materials, the pre-stamped pages, thread, and there are videos online that are very clear in explaining everything.  I'm just starting as I received my first package yesterday.  I will let you know how it goes but I am hoping to learn all the stitches.  The Sew n' Sews really like it and they've been doing it for several months now.  Wish me luck!

I haven't even started my basket yet either!  Lots of wonderful things to look forward to now that I am feeling better.

I hope you are having a great Spring or Fall depending on where you live.  

Happy Trails!!!

9 comments:

Sharm said...

Lovely to see your projects and how they are coming along. I need to cast on for a pair of socks myself! Made my first 2 pairs last year and love them so I’ll be making more for sure! What pattern have you used for yours?

Love the stitcheries and I can understand the difficulties with all those blues!

Miss Merry said...

So glad you are feeling a little better. Slow and steady on the road to recovery! Your projects are all so wonderful!!!!

Maureen D said...

So glad you are feeling better. Love your Christmas sock. They will be so fun to wear. Your blocks for the block of the month quilt look terrific. You much have great eyes or great lights to be able to cross stitch with so closely matched colors.

Betsy said...

I enjoyed seeing all of your projects and I'm glad to know that you're still on the road to recovery. Great progress on the sock!
Blessings and Happy Easter to you my friend.
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

Love the block of the month block!Glad your health is improving.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Easter! Hope you continue to feel better!

HighlandHeffalump said...

I’m so pleased you are feeling better and I hope you don’t have any more flare ups. So many lovely projects on the go, I think I’d struggle with the colours in the wolf, I’m not great at distinguishing tiny shade variances, so I wish you luck with that.

Lucy Bowen said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better and back to crafting! I love the socks.

Leftycrafter said...

Glad your innards are feeling better. You have been doing so well keeping up with all your projects.