Thursday, April 20, 2023

Thursday...Wednesday was a wash..........

 Yesterday was grocery pickup at Wally World and then put it all away.  I  had other plans but then a new ink cartridge for my printer wouldn't work.  So, I called them...BIG mistake.....it took all afternoon and I had to take pictures of the cartridge, serial number and model number.  Plus, I think they are in Korea because all 3 of the people I talked to I could barely understand.    Nothing against Koreans just don't put them in customer service until their English is better!  At one point she put me on hold and after 20 minutes I hung  up.....get this, she called me back and wanted to put me on hold again!  I told her no.  I told her to call me back when she got things straightened out.  Finally, they agreed to send me a new cartridge worth about $10.  I told them that a good customer service would have seen that I was a long time customer in good standing and just said they would send me a new cartridge but no...I felt like I was on the witness stand!  In the end I told them that I loved their printer but would not buy one again for all the grief I went through using their supposed "customer service".  I told them it was the worst I'd ever experienced and I hope they listen to those recordings they take to improve their service...yah right.  

So, what a waste of time!

Today was a bit better....I weeded and planted, did some cleaning and look what I found.........a sock from Grayson......he probably doesn't fit in these anymore.....I hate when they grow up.....once they hit puberty, the cuteness is over.  I still love them but they aren't "my babies" anymore and Grayson is the last one....for now though, he' s still my baby and Sam too although I have to look up to him! LOL!

I made my potato soup again and knitted a bit while I was waiting for it to come to a boil.  See my little lilacs from my lilac bush I planted?  So sweet!  There are more blooms coming but it's still pretty small.

Oh, if you're wondering what that blue tape with shish kabob skewers under it is.....I use it to find the center of my quilt....I just  leave it there............


This week my focus XS piece is Grayson's Wolf.........I finally highlighted the areas I had stitched and that was a big help!
Miss Peeps hasn't been feeling good for the last couple days.  I have no idea why but her nose was warm and she was sleeping more than normal.  Allergies?  I think she's feeling better today...I hope so...it's not easy to touch their nose.........

I tried to get back to my hexies and tried the gluing method for the individual covered hexies.  I'm not sure....I have to sit at a table, and you have to buy the glue and I think I am going to go through it fairly fast....soooo, I'll have to work with it awhile and see if it is a better method in the long run.  It should be faster although for my first try it probably wasn't.  I'll keep you informed.

I will hopefully get around to all of you tomorrow.  We are expecting storms again tonight and I wanted to get some weeding done and planting before the rains come.

Happy Trails!!!



5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I hope Miss Peeps gets to feeling better. She looks exactly like out cat 'Tom'. Loved that boy and he was a sweet (to me) cat. Your soup looks so good. You could male a sock gnome out of his sock and give it to him. What a keepsake that would be. Very easy to make. No sewing only gluing required.

Miss Merry said...

Stay safe in those storms! I hate it when I spend the day on the phone and barely have anything to show for it. And I hate it when you have a simple task like your printer cartridge and it takes forever. The amount of time and people involved cost the company way more than the cost of that darn printer cartridge!

I love the sock. My youngest granddaughter turned 7 (gasp) yesterday. How can that be? They grow up just too fast. We had a fun time, though. She hasn't hit that tween stage, yet, but she is trying!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope Miss peeps will be okay! Lilacs...lucky you...we have snow today:(

Cousin Kay said...

Miss Peeps is so cute! What a pretty cat.

Betsy said...

Miss Peeps is a beautiful kitty. I sure hope she's feeling much better now. Our Zoey was sick last month and we worried about her. They can't tell you what's wrong or where they hurt and that's frustrating. She's all better now, thank goodness.
Love that sweet little sock. I agree with Leftycrafter, you should make him something out of it. Just what you need, another project! :-) Love the pretty lilacs too.
We had some doozies of storms for the past two nights and I'm grateful for the break we're getting tonight, even if it is getting colder again. Lot's of tornado warnings just east of us. I sure didn't miss those while we were in Washington!
Take care Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy