Sunday, April 23, 2023

YOP Week #43 Year 12

 Running late today....but it was a fairly productive and balanced week.  I'm coming along on my sabbath stitch.............just need to finish the B and stitch Our Home and add a few more of the green stitches.....a couple more months...lol!

This week my focus piece was Grayson's Wolf.....I broke the news to him that it probably won't be finished by his birthday in July....it may not be finished by Christmas.....maybe when he graduates from High School?  LOL!  I am not a monogamous stitcher....I have to switch it up plus I cannot stitch for hours at a time or Arthur Itis complains.  But there's definitely progress on it.....I did highlight the pattern where I've stitched which makes it much easier!  This is the snout of the wolf....

I made one flower of each color of the yarn I had and I ordered a covered button kit which will go in the  middle of these.  They will have a shank on the button which will allow me to sew it to my project bags or whatever I want.........

I worked on my hexies this week; gluing instead of stitching.  They have to be stitched together by hand but you can glue the fabric around the little cardboard individual hexies.  It's faster but I have to sit at the table....I used to stitch them in bed watching t.v......we'll see......these are some that were previously stitched.....

The ones on the top (the brown fabric) are glued and the ones on the bottom are stitched.

I also worked a bit on sock #2.....5 more rounds and the cuff will be done..........
 

Things are blooming around here to my delight!  I had to bring more lilacs in the house so I could enjoy them...........I just planted it last year so it's not very big..........but the smell is!  Love lilacs!

I am not sure what these flowers are...buttercups?  They're not dandelions and they come up every year all over the yard..........they have a taller stem than a dandelion too..........

then the clematis...........

I hope you all had a good week and some lovely Spring weather or Fall depending on where you live.

Happy Trails!!!




 


8 comments:

Maureen D said...

HaHa - today feels like winter! Thursday was in the 80s and today is in the 40s! Definitely getting to wear my winter knits! That wolf is going to be beautiful. So many fun crafts. I'm thinking about trying the diamond art coasters for a fun alternative to my knitting. Love your wildflowers.

Leftycrafter said...

The wolf xs looks like it is going to be bigger than I thought. Those little flowers are going to make for some cute decorations. Your hexies are really moving along. Lilacs certainly to have a powerful aroma. Looks like spring has sprung in your neck of the woods.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your yellow flower isa Wildflower called hawkweed
When I did hexies I just sewed them together by hand and then pressed the seams. I need to finish that project someday it is a flimsy sandwiched and ready to quilt Hope you have a good week and have fun with your projects especially tht wolf

Miss Merry said...

Lilacs are my favorite! My first bush is starting to bloom. It sits in full sun. I have more on the side of my house and they look about 2 weeks behind.

Betsy said...

You're making progress on your xs projects this week. The wolf is looking great and will be done before you know it.
Take care Sam!
Blessings and love,
Betsy

HighlandHeffalump said...

Last week I told you about an app called BirdNET….well there’s a plantnet too, made by a different app designer but it works well. The other thing you can do is take a photo on a smartphone or tablet and google search the image and it will tell you what plants they are. I use plantnet and my husband uses Google image search and they usually give the same answer. Does the cardboard stay in the finished blanket? I don’t really know how patchwork is done to be honest,

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Maureen - I would try the coasters first. I got a big diamond art picture and I have to lean over my dining room table to work on it....it kills my back. Someone said I should use an easel.
Leftycrafter - Yes, the Wolf is way bigger than I thought too! LOL!
Far Side of Fifty - I knew you would know what that flower was! I didn't know you had worked on hexies....I can't wait to see it!
Miss Merry - me too...I have several big bushes on the farm but I had to plant one here but it will grow and every year I will have more flowers on it. I used to make big bouquets and pl ace them all over the house....the smell was heavenly!
Betsy - Thank you!
HighlandHeffalump - Thank you for the app names! I need to figure out how to put them on my phone if I have room....those will be wonderful!

Rain said...

You have a lot of projects on the go Sam! I love the flowers you made! ☺