Sunday, April 16, 2023

YOP Week #42 Year 12

 Holy cow!  We're heading towards the end of Year 12 of YOP!  Where has the time gone?  I didn't get a lot done this week as there were lots of other priorities.  One of my skylights broke during  the last storm so I had to get that fixed before the next storm which I did!  Whew!  It stormed last night and no leaks!  Yay! I also needed to get grub killer spread before it rained and I did that too (otherwise the armadillos come and dig up your lawn looking for them) There were other things too; like arranging to get a ride to and from the car place as my Tahoe has to go in for an entire day.  She's 21 years old but still doesn't have 100,000 miles on her.  I'm hoping to keep her in good running order.  It is expensive but still lots cheaper than buying a new car!  Plus, I did my taxes and paid bills.

I did do some "making" this week.  Two things I worked on but will not show, as there isn't that much difference from last week, are Blackbird Design's Midnight Ride cross stitch that I work on Saturdays, and my Sabbath Stitch which hasn't changed much either.

I did finish sock #1 of my Christmas socks....finally and I started sock #2...........

My focus piece for the last 5 days was Kittens by The Cricket Collection....it's a big piece and will take years I'm sure but I got a healthy start anyway..........I'm working on the  middle kitten at the moment.......


I started working on Lori Holt's panel project bags but you have to watch her video and running back and forth from the video and my sewing machine is a slow boat to China.  Hopefully, if I can finish one it will make the rest of them go faster and easier.  I find she contradicts herself sometimes which can be confusing to me anyway.  People rave about her and I like her but these bags are way more complicated than I think they need to be but then what do I know?  Here's my progress and I am hoping to finish this one today.........

I had another unidentified bird at the feeder....is it a purple finch?  This looks a lot more red.....

This morning I made Taste of Home's Cinnamon Crescent Twists...so tasty with a cup of coffee.....I've learned to add some flour to the filling so it doesn't run out onto the cookie sheet and I also add more powdered sugar to the glaze else it is too runny.  I've been able to add mashed sweet potatoes, bananas, and the cinnamon twists to my diet.  These were all foods that I did fine with before.  I still only add one at a time though just to be on the safe side.

Well, I best get to sewing so I can finish that project bag.  I also want to cut out blocks 3 and 4 for my BOM quilt, finish practicing some embroidery stitches and give some love to my Sabbath stitch.

Happy Trails!!!
 


13 comments:

ceulanfibres said...

Lovely socks and those pastries look good, cinnamon is one of my favourites. Great news about staying safe and dry during the storms, it can be hard to keep up with maintenance and out pace the bad weather.

Alissa said...

Love the socks. I also feed the birds! Though I don’t recognize that one. We don’t have purple finches, though we gave goldfinches and a few house finches (linnets). I saw a starling at the feeder this year, which was a first.

Leftycrafter said...

Congrats on completing your first Christmas sock. And you cast on the second sock right away. Smart move. You always have such fun xs projects on the go. Sounds like you are feeling almost 100% again. That is very good news.

Maureen D said...

Love that Christmas sock yarn. Especially the sparkles in it. Perfect for Christmas. Those cinnamon twists look delicious. Yardwork is definitely getting in the way of my knitting. Moles have destroyed our front yard, apparently looking for grubs. Oh well.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your pastries look awesome! Glad you are adding a few things to your diet!

Miss Merry said...

I can tell you are feeling better. Glad you got the darn window changed out so you can stay dry! You have been busy! I love the kitty cross stitch. And those pastries look so yummy.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You are so talented to make socks...those patterns aren't easy! Enjoy your Sunday evening! Hugs, Diane

Betsy said...

One sock down and one to go! You got so much accomplished this week. I'm glad you got your skylights fixed. We had some crazy thunderstorms Friday night and Saturday. At least they didn't bring tornadoes which was a worry. Your cinnamon twists look really good. I hope all goes well for you this week too. Please just don't overdo Sam. You're in my prayers every day my friend.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Fiona said...

Your sock looks great and so do the cookies. Thanks for visiting my blog - no email is showing but I am using the 'pies' to make a quilt called pies and tarts.... still a very long way to go!
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Love the sock yarn...NiCe... And the cross stitch & little bag are very pretty.
Those pastries look soooo delicious...xox

Pink Rose said...

Hi Sam I love your Xmas sock the colours are so pretty,your bags are coming along nicely and your cinnamon twists look so yummy ,hope you have a wonderful day my friend 🌹🤍🌹

Lin said...

I love the socks! Your cinnamon twist looks delicious too. I made aproject bag once for a swap and don't remember it being complicated - good luck with yours. xx

HighlandHeffalump said...

Could the bird be a red crossbill? There’s an app called BirdNET that you can download onto your phone or iPad and record the birdsong and then you highlight the sound waves on the screen and click search and it tells you what bird it is. It’s developed by a US university but it works on all our UK birds. I’m a week behind so hope you had a good week and you could enjoy those cinnamon twists without pain.