Thursday, April 6, 2023

I'm back among the living!!!

 It has been a long recovery and although I am just starting to wean myself off the liquid diet, I am feeling good.  I lost 10 pounds which is fine because I had started gaining weight again.  I really fell behind in everything; cleaning, crafting, blogging, reading blogs,....you name it.  I didn't do anything until just recently and now I have a ton to do but grateful to feel well enough to do it.  I also avoided going to the hospital....another plus.  I think I might  know what caused it and I will never eat either one again.  I had my favorite meal in the whole world....corned beef and cabbage but I think the real culprit was some turkey bacon.  I'll never know for sure but I won't be eating either again.  I've been on a totally liquid diet: broth, jello, and popsicles.  I had pudding for the first time today.  I'll be adding things very slowly.

I will also start visiting you all again!  I've missed everyone!

I did get out an Easter cross stitch that I started last year.  I hadn't done but a little bit......but it's in my rotation for a 5 day stint....only 1 more day to go ........this is a Real Housewives of Cross Stitch pattern worked on 14 count Aida fabric that I dyed myself using all the called for colors.....

I got a lovely gift in the mail from my daughter today...my favorite fragrance........it has a light clean fragrance as I am not into heavy perfumes but this just smells clean and fresh......thank you, sweetie.....you are so thoughtful and generous.....

That's all for today.  I did get some cleaning done and I am working on my taxes.  Hopefully, we'll have some nice weather now that the storms have had their way with us....everything is fine here but I spent time in the basement with tornado warnings.  Everything is really green and the red buds and the dogwood trees are all blooming.  Plus, the hummingbirds are back!

Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Phew. So good to hear you are in the mend. Prayers have been going for you. The Easter xs is adorable. What a fascinating cloth itnosnbeing sewn on. You are very crafty. May your health continue to improve.

Miss Merry said...

I've been worried about you and missed you. Gosh, this is a challenging disease. I'm glad you are on the mend and hope things stay that way!!!! Prayers, girl.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So happy to hear that you are feeling better!! Happy Easter!

Betsy said...

Oh Sam! I'm so glad that you're feeling better. I've been praying for you every day. Also happy the storms have passed you by. We had blizzards 100 miles north of us and terrible tornadoes 100 miles to the east. We were like a dividing line earlier this week and we had gorgeous weather.
I'll keep on praying for you my dear friend.
Easter Blessings,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

I think any type of processed meat will cause a flare up. I avoid it at all costs even though I really miss my bacon and ham sandwiches. Are you on any meds for your condition? I'm finding that Kefir yoghurt helps a lot to settle my stomach but since it contains dairy, it's not for everyone.Happy Easter to you.

Cousin Kay said...

So glad you are feeling better!