Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Making Space

 

Today is the first day of Making Space for What Matters.   It was initiated by Becki over at Field Lilies.  She got rid of 15 items today.  I didn't count mine but I cleaned out my pantry and got rid of out of date items and then did some painting..........this pantry is in the garage but right outside my kitchen.

This is what I call my "magic"paint!  It's Kilz paint and primer in one and you can use it inside and outside..perfect!  I got 2 coats on a few things but mostly one coat.  This is 1 coat......

this is 2 coats.........

So that's my Making Space and Sprucing Up! LOL!

I stayed up until 8:30 last night watching the election returns and broadcasts.........then I got up at 2:30 to see how it was going!  I've been going ever since!  I did a load of laundry, worked on my sock on breaks.  I'm doing the gusset. I also made a pineapple cream cheese pie.........I usually make it peach but I had no peaches but I did have some pineapple.  I took a picture of it but it didn't show up.

I did work on my Coming to America XS last night...........

Guess what else I dug out of the archives?  My hexies!  Remember those?  I was making diamonds out of them?  They're great for watching t.v..........

That's all for today!  I think I'll go do some ironing and catch up on the election news.

Happy Trails!!!
               






5 comments:

Becki said...

I've been cooking out of my pantry more in the last week, so I could consider that decluttering, too! The freezer needs some attention as well. I hope to have the motivation to do some sprucing up as I declutter. I imagine the decluttering itself can provide the motivation. :) Good job, Sam!

Leftycrafter said...

Good idea to declutter and spruce up at the same time. I remember your hexies. Sounds like you have had a full day. That cream cheese pie sounds yummy.

Betsy said...

I DO remember your hexies. They are so pretty and delicate. Good start on the cross-stitch too. I do love that needle minder.
You can really tell the difference with that second coat of Kilz. It looks great Sam! You put me to shame with all that you get done.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like to do Hexies too..but I don't need another project right now!
Oh I need to make room too:(

Jeanna said...

I have the Coming to America cross stitch as well. It is still in the box! I also got the little girl pilgrim. Love the fabric you are using. I think I have whatever it is called. I may start mine on Thanksgiving...not sure yet.