Sunday, November 22, 2020

YOP Week #21

2 ornaments done except for the final finish............
 

Most of this past week has been spent on the Frida Kahlo basket.....what a project!  It just goes on and on and on but I am nearing the end.  I sewed all the lining pieces with stiffener inside them and hand sewed them closed.  Then I had to hand sew each of them to the crocheted squares.  Then I crocheted the "box" together and 3 rows of SC on the top.  I only have the handles to finish now and hopefully that will happen today. 





I have ends to weave in too.  The last thing I need to finish is the Dala horse pincushion and I need to find or order some cute pins to put in it.  After that, I am done except for wrapping.  Almost all the other presents have arrived.  I am not going to be making anything for others as I do not do good on deadlines.  It takes the joy out of it.  I'll continue to make ornaments for the grands but that's all everything else will be bought.  I need to order yarn for the Christmas Eve sock cast on and I need to kit up The Christmas List which is a cross stitch for Christmas Day and then after I finish the gifts I will be working on Coming To America for Thanksgiving.  I also need to order some supplies to make project bags for myself.  Plus, I can get back to my hexies!  Yay!

I hope all my U.S. friends have a great Thanksgiving and stay safe!

Happy Trails!!!

16 comments:

Maureen D said...

What a cute fabric box. Do you use it to hold craft projects? Agree I'm not a Christmas present knitter so far as I don't do well with deadlines. Plus I don't have many "knit worthy" kids/spouses.

HighlandHeffalump said...

So many plans and projects and they all sound great. Do you know what you will keep in your lovely box?

Becki said...

That Kahlo basket does sound like a big project - with all the pieces parts, but it's going to be a wonderful gift. Or are you going to enjoy using it yourself? I look forward to watching your Coming to America being stitched up next. :)

Leftycrafter said...

The lining material is super cool. You have really poured you blood, sweat and tears into that bag. It will be well worth it when your daughter sees it and loves it. After ding a total 'homemade' Christmas a few years ago. I have sworn off making gifts with a deadline since then. It was way too stressful.

Betsy said...

It looks absolutely wonderful Sam! You will be so proud when it's done and it will be useful as well as beautiful.
The ornaments are really cute too. I'm looking forward to seeing the final finish.
I started Christmas things way back in the summer and only have a sweater left to knit. However, it's a pattern I've never done before and I'm still waiting on the yarn from Knit Picks!
Have a great Monday my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Cinna Knits said...

The fabric box is really amazing! I love mixed (fiber) media projects. When you get tired of working with one aspect, you can sometime switch it up!

Congrats on finishing up your Christmas gifting! Personally, I am notorious for starting a bunch of gifts then deciding I would rather make things for myself instead.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

It's for my daughter who is an art teacher and her favorite artist is Frida Kahlo. The lining fabric is Frida Kahlo fabric too. I'm sure she will use it for art supplies or her knitting. I'm beginning to think the same
about my relatives about being "knit worthy".

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

It's for my daughter for Christmas.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I started making one for Amy and then when I found the Frida Kahlo fabric the colors clashed so I ordered yarns to match the lining fabric and started over. Hers is done now and I will now finish her original one for myself. I always do things the hard way! LOL!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I totally agree! No more!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Kath (BackstageKnits) said...

I really love those pillows! They are so colorful and fun.

Breathing Life said...

Wow the Kahlo project sounds very involved!. Well done for persevering with it. It will make an exquisite gift. I have one more thing I want to knit for Christmas for my son - lol - I guess I had better get it cast on! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours - stay safe! That is an order from Canada (me).

Jeanna said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a cute bag that will be! I also like your little ornaments! They are just perfect! WE are having Turkey I just dug it out of the freezer to defrost. Just us two! We will make do!

Diana said...

Awww I love those little Christmas tree ornaments!! And oh my! You bag is sure pretty! Don't know that I could do that work, but you've really done great! I'm anxious to see your finished dala horse. Be blessed and stay well, my friend!!