Sunday, November 1, 2020

YOP Week #18


 Not a lot to show this week.  I was really focusing on the de-cluttering and I think Becki said I got rid of  465 items!!!!  Yay!!!  It's done now except we are going to be continuing on a slower pace on Wednesdays or Thursdays...thank you Becki!

I did not get my When Witches Go Riding done by Halloween but close!  I'm pretty sure it will be gracing my wall next Halloween..........


 I was a bit tired of cross stitch and Connie mentioned she was starting a bunch of crochet so of course, all of a sudden, I wanted to crochet!  Plus Lori Holt had some podcasts and tutorials about crochet so I dragged out my old acrylic yarns and made some granny squares...........different sizes.....what a great way to use up the stash!  I made 2 of each kind the same.  Lori made some cute little "pillows" with them and also a big pillow cover...we'll see but it sure felt good to have the old hook in hand again!  I weave in the ends while watching t.v.

There's no haul this week either but there will be soon!  I need to kit up Thanksgiving and Christmas projects.  I watched Pumpkin Hollow podcast and it is cross stitch and quilting, plus, The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch.  Did I tell you I won a free pattern from them last week?  I can't show you because it is just the pattern no photo.  I also watched Celeste Creates and Colorado Stitcher.  Colorado Stitcher is the owner of The Loopy Ewe! 

I've  heard cross stitchers talk about "rotations" and discovered that some work on certain projects on certain days and rotate them through the week or month.  I'm going to do that with all my projects as some I never get to.  I need to figure out my projects and set up a time table and then I will let you know how it works out.

I took my walk this morning.  It's gorgeous weather this week and next.  In the 50's and 60's and sunny.  I have outside work to do this coming week plus menu and grocery list and order tomorrow probably.  I need to figure out what I will have for Election Night Party....like I can stay up past 8:00 p.m.  LOL!  I'll just have to start early and I think there is coverage starting at 3:00 p.m.  I have always been a political and news junky.   BTW...please V O T E!  I have always voted as it hit home to me early on  that when my Mother was born women did not have the right to vote!  Amazing!

 I made myself a nice breakfast this morning...bacon and eggs and toast....so good!  I'm doing some laundry and now I'm going to kick back and relax.  I hope you are having a good weekend and that you enjoyed Halloween.  Here are my grands in their costumes..............Grayson as Scooby Doo......not sure what the tongue is for....although Scooby does pant...like a dog! LOL!

 

and Sam as a National Geographic Photographer...great job boys!!!
Happy Trails!!!
  
  

15 comments:

Becki said...

I'm so glad you're going to join in on the slower weekly decluttering - however it fits into your life. You've been an inspiration to me in this regard as you've gone through your house over the last couple of years, it seems. But there's always more to do, isn't there?!?

Congrats on winning a pattern from The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch. Can't wait to see it. Your grandsons look adorable in their costumes. How fun.

Miss Merry said...

Your grandsons look adorable! Great costumes. I am so amazed with all you accomplish.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice costumes on your Grands! Love the photographer!! We won't even talk about yarn stash here...:) Hope you have a good week!

Maureen D said...

Hope your grandsons had fun on Halloween. It was a tough year for trick or treating. A shame as the blue moon made this year's Halloween extra special. Funny how someone mentioning a new hobby creates the desire to also start a new craft. So far I'm resisting weaving and spinning!! Hope you have a great week.

Betsy said...

You made great progress on your cross-stitch this year and I know you'll have it ready to go next October. Your grandkids sure look cute in their costumes. Although we don't celebrate Halloween much, I really enjoyed the kids in their socially distanced parade here at the park last night. They all have great imaginations!
I made biscuits, gravy and eggs this morning. It was a frosty morning and it tasted very good. We're still watching church via utube and facebook right now as just when we were thinking of trying to go back to church, the numbers started climbing here again. It's happening all over the world, especially Europe right now. The UK began another month of lockdown today. Alex is flying to London via Abu Dabi tonight. I sure hope after such a long flight they let him in. Then he'll be in lockdown too!
Take care Sam and I hope you enjoy your Monday. It's supposed to be beautiful here.
Blessings,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

The UK is made up of 4 nations, Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Wales is in lockdown for another 10days,Northern Ireland another 13 and England has just announced a new lockdown for a month. So far, we in Scotland are not in lockdown per se but a 5 tier system has been introduced, 0 being no virus and 5 being lockdown situation. My particular district is on Tier 3 which is the middle ranking and bad enough at that! It's all a bit confusing and as my youngest son said the other day 'I wish it would all just go away'. Praying for an end soon but doesn't seem likely this side of next Spring. Good luck with your voting. Big up to all those young parents trying to keep things as normal as possible just now for their children. We don't know yet what possibilities Christmas holds, if any. Have a good week. x

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the costumes that they came up with! Looks like they had fun! And guess what...I quoted you on my blog today! You'll like it...I promise! heehee!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Our weekend was cold, but we did get a lot of work done in our garage. There is more to do, but we have made a good head way in cleaning it out.

Hill Top Post said...

465 things to clutter your house. Wow! That's a lot. The weather is absolutely wonderful these beautiful days. I just can't stay inside!

Cinna Knits said...

The little granny squares are adorable!
I also like to switch up my projects. I have a handful of WIPS sitting in timeout that need to be finished- sometimes a scheduled rotation is what I need to finish up a long languishing project!

Leftycrafter said...

Those boys' costumes are great. Your Halloween xstitch was so close. Yes, next year it will be ready.

HighlandHeffalump said...

I’m in the Highlands so Tier 1 here and less restrictive. I hope the measures help reduce the rates in your area.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Ooh it was so close to being finished but it will be a pleasure to see your Halloween XS make a reappearance next year in the run up to Halloween so I’m secretly glad it’s not yet finished. Oops! Secret is out now! I’m considering joining in on the less formal decluttering but at the moment battling with the question...will I ever lose weight or should I start donating the mountain of clothes that don’t fit. By far my biggest clutter is clothes that don’t fit.

Lucy Bowen said...

I so love your witches cross stitch, but there are so many projects aren't there!

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com