Sunday, November 8, 2020

YOP Week #19

 

Week #19 already?  Wasn't it just July?  Halloween is over and Thanksgiving in America is on the horizon!  My favorite time of year for sure.  This was a great week in the Ozarks!  The colors are at peak and probably on the down slope now but the temps are wonderful and it is just an awesome time of year here and no fire danger so far!

This was a good crafting week also...........

I finished the heel flap and gusset on sock number 1........onto the foot!  I wish I would have knitted them consecutively as that is my favorite way of sock knitting but I was too lazy to separate the skein at the time.  I just wanted to start knitting.

I worked on Coming to America and started it specifically on Election Day and it is my Thanksgiving cross stitch project.  Not much to see yet as I am doing the border...

I finally got my "rear in gear" and cut out the fabric and stiffener for Amy's Frida Kahlo basket....what is this year 3?  I ironed them and then got one sewed together with the stiffener tucked inside and I just need to hand sew the 4th side together.  Then I have to do the same to the other 3 sides.  


I was able to complete another hexie diamond....#6 of 11 full ones and then there are some half ones  that need to be done.

Here are  the diamonds that are completed from before............

Here are the next ones ready to be stitched together into diamond #7


As for stash this week........I nabbed a couple charm pack 5" squares and there is one more on the way..........Deer Christmas





That's all for this week!  I hope to catch up with everyone this afternoon unless I take a nap and then it may be tomorrow! LOL!

BTW, for those of you keeping track of my accidents this past week, you can add one more...I burnt my hand with some hot grease this morning frying bacon!  But they are all small things which is much better than one BIG thing for sure!

I hope you are all well and safe!

Happy Trails!!!






  

18 comments:

Becki said...

I remember when you started that Frida Kahlo basket. Still loving the fabric. And your hexi diamonds looks great. Pretty fabrics in each one!

Leftycrafter said...

Frida Kahlo items are still a hot commodity. I saw tons of them in the boutiques we went into on our alpaca adventure. I had never heard of her until you started this basket a few years back. Your sock is pretty. I alsoike doing them consecutively but like you, did not want to divide the yarn on the pair I am doing now. Your hexies are moving along. How many do you need in total?

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I need 11 full diamonds and some half ones for the edges....not sure how many of those. I really enjoy doing them though!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You seem to be accident prone this week! Your projects are all looking good!

Grammy Braxton said...

I hope the coming week is accident free for you as well as all the weeks going forward. Stay safe.

Miss Merry said...

Okay, no more accidents! Love the pink socks.

Maureen D said...

Loving the project bag next to your knitting. Did you make it or buy it? I have some of both. I do love selecting really cute fabrics and making a bag exactly the size and shape I want but also nice to pamper myself with one someone else made.

Betsy said...

No more accidents Sam! You need to be more careful. Those socks are so nice and I love the project bag. Did you make it? I don't remember.
Take care and keep well.
Blessings,
Betsy

HighlandHeffalump said...

It may be worth checking in with your Dr if you keep having little accidents, just to see there isn’t an underlying cause. The little patchwork projects look so fiddly and I think I’d struggle to make them look the right shape. I’m interested to see the next stage and what comes next for them.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

It is the only project bag I ever bought. I have some fabric to make my own. They are too expensive for me!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

No, I did not make that one.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I'm fine and they are all explainable but thanks for the concern.

Rain said...

OMG Sam, I hope the bacon was worth it in deliciousness!!! I hope the burn heals soon! Your crafts are so pretty. I love the colours in your sock! Very feminine! :)

Between Me and You said...

Love the Frida fabric and the hexies are delightful. You're so clever being able to link them all up so well and the colours remind me of Autumn (Fall to you!). I'm terribly accident-prone too but do be careful of slips and trips!

Cinna Knits said...

The basket and those hexies are super sweet! What will you be using as the basket base?

Breathing Life said...

I am always impressed with how many projects you have on the go, and how different they all are. How do you decide which one to work on? I have learned that for myself two is the magic number - one easy and mindless, and one that takes a little more attention. Ouch for the burned hand. Take care dear Sam.

Lucy Bowen said...

I'm sure the bacon was worth it! Your projects look great, I love the socks! I feel the same about project bags, although they are gorgeous,, I'd rather spend on the yarn.

Jeanna said...

Hexies are something I've never attempted but I sure love the look of them. Your diamonds are amazing!