Friday, January 7, 2022

Finish Friday

 Finish is my word this year and it just so happened I had Finnish Rye Crisp with avocado for lunch so it was truly a Finish day!  I actually did not fully finish anything today but it's getting close and I'm not stopping until I do have some finishes.  I spent yesterday and today and probably part of tomorrow cooking pumpkin, pureeing it, and freezing it in bags. This is 1/3 of the big pumpkin and yesterday I baked and pureed the little sugar pie pumpkin. They are all baked now and cooling.  I was able to puree and freeze 1/3 but I have 2/3's left for tomorrow.


I did get the pumpkin seeds toasted......

I did some sewing .......finishing up those collectable ornaments don't ya know............

I also did some knitting trying to finish last years Christmas Eve cast on socks!  Hopefully, I will have some finishes for Sunday's Year of Projects!  It's been a very productive day and that always feels good.

Now for some pizza and a movie!  

Happy Trails!!!



8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Love your take on the word 'finish" with Finnish rye crisp. Good job! Looks like you did quite a bit again today. You were very focused.

Betsy said...

We had pizza tonight too. I got a pizza at Aldi's for $2.99 today thinking, what do I have to lose? It was really, really good! Much cheaper than our twice a month Little Caesars date night.
I like how you used the word finish.
I'm so excited to actually have Chrsitmas socks next year. I keep looking at the yarn but I have too much other stuff to do first.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Did your snow melt! Finish is a good word!

Susan said...

There is nothing like roasted pumpkin! I am having trouble starting AND finishing.

Leigh said...

"Finish Friday." I like it! You ought to post a finish-a-long every Friday, where folks sign up via Mr. Linky (or some such). It might be highly motivational for a lot of us! You'd start a new trend!

Alissa said...

I’d sign up for Finish Friday. Also Finnish Friday. 😊

Miss Merry said...

I still don't have a word, but if I'm being honest - finish would be an excellent choice for me, lol.

Rain said...

Pizza and a movie sounds good to me!! :) I still have pumpkin puree in the freezer from October!! :)