Monday, January 17, 2022

Monday - MLK's birthday and Betty White's too!

 I'm picking up where I left off yesterday.  It is book Monday and a few recipes I made last week.  

I finished reading These High Green Hills...the 3rd book in the Mitford series by Jan Karon....all her books automatically get a 5 out of 5 from me!

Presently, I am reading Where the Crawdads Sing and so far it is very well written.  I love the nature and scenery descriptions as she makes you feel like you are actually there...........

I got this book because I think Jan Karon gave it a good review....or it was a similar heart warming series like the Mitford books.....I don't remember exactly...I just started it last night so I'll let you know.....this is book #1 of how many I'm not sure.....Amazon stated "NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • Friendship, loyalty, and love lie at the heart of this beautifully written, poignant, and sweeping novel of five women who, over the course of four decades, come to redefine what it means to be family."

I am reading a non-fiction but it is terrible........I think it was someone's PHD thesis as it assumes you've read all her books and that you are already familiar with her life...it's almost stream of consciousness.....maybe the author was smoking something?  I keep reading it but it's pretty bad in my estimation. 

So, that was my reading this past week.  Now, on to the cooking I did...........I made 2 items that were very tasty.......the first was a recipe for chicken thighs (bone in, skin on) and it was easy and tasty!

Here's the recipe if you're interested

The other item I made was delicious but it was not a quick recipe.  At the time ,I  thought I would never make it again but after eating it.....I changed my mind.....it is really good!  Here's the recipe 

BTW these are not my pictures.....they are from the websites.....I did make both these recipes though!

The snow is still here but about 1/2 of it is gone and it is sunny and above freezing so it won't be here for long.  It was really nice to enjoy for awhile and no shoveling needed! LOL!

Happy Trails!!!






4 comments:

Betsy said...

I agree with you wholeheartedly about Jan Karon. Dennis and I have both read all of the Mitford books and feel like we're part of the town now!
That chicken looks amazing. Can you tell I haven't had dinner yet? Now I want chicken but don't have any thawed and I'm not driving down our hill tonight.
Take care Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Alissa said...

Mmm that cranberry bread sounds really good.

Miss Merry said...

Those chicken thighs look so good! I think I have a pack of six or eight in the freezer, too! I am re-reading my Peter Shandy books by Charlotte MacLeod.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The food sounds great! I have Where the Crawdads Sing on my list for Book club we will see if it gets chosen or not!