Thursday, January 6, 2022

We got snow!!!!

 It snowed all morning but it is pretty much gone now....

The birds were all over the feeder today..............

I wanted to thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes too....you are all so sweet..........my daughter sent me another Fox card from a painting.....I am for sure going to frame all my lovely foxes.........

My cousin, Kay, also sent me a Jacquie Lawson e-card that has music and a lovely woodland scene.....those cards are beautiful....thank you dear cousin!

Last night my t.v.  went out.  It was on but getting a strange no signal message AUCUN signal floating across the screen.  I tried rebooting everything and Roku too but nothing worked.  The menu was stuck so I couldn't move it to HDMI1 where it was supposed to be.  So, I spent all morning trying to fix it and finally decided it must be the Roku.  I looked up the different Roku's and then called Walmart.....the guy there was very sharp and said to unplug the  Roku and see if it still happened and then I could eliminate the Roku and it was probably the T.V. ....he was right so I called Specter T.V. which is from Walmart but you can only buy them online.  (BTW, I highly recommend their t.v.s).  They answered right away and I got a person who walked me through getting the menu "unstuck" by using some buttons at the bottom of the t.v that I didn't even know were there......FIXED!!!!  I don't have to buy a new Roku or a new t.v.  PTL!!!  That was the fastest and most knowledgeable customer service I have ever experienced!  Also, I called Walmart the other day because I had a $7 charge from Walmart on my bank account.  I couldn't think what it could be.  They told me what it was and I said okay fine.  She said they would reimburse me and I said, no I did buy that item I just forgot.  Today I got an email from them telling me they are reimbursing me $20!!!  What?  I tried to explain to the gal I did not want a refund.....oh well.  Don't look a gift horse in the mouth , I guess.  I'll call them tomorrow and try and give it back to them! LOL!  They are so good to me!  

I did get some treasures today............some floss holders and she sent me some Smarties and something else that I haven't the slightest idea what it is....

and fabric from Temecula Quilt Co..............1/4 yard of their reds............I still need to order their greens when they come in........they are for a "hotpad" quilt.  It's on their blog.....if you're a quilter, you should check them out.  They have beautiful materials and wonderful patterns and many are free on their blog.

 Happy Birthday to me.....BTW, I celebrate all month...maybe longer....I think you should celebrate as many days as your age.  So, I guess I'll be celebrating for 73 days.  LOL!  Whoopee!

Today was the year anniversary since our capitol was attacked by our own people! I was thinking that instead of jail sentences for the insurrectionists, they should just ship them off to a 3rd world country and then they could really experience what not being free feels like.  Just sayin'.

This was published in some paper and I think it should be published in ALL papers......click on the photo to enlarge it..................

Happy Trails!!!
 




7 comments:

Becki said...

Well, I'm glad I didn't miss your birthday - since you're celebrating all month long - and all February too, and a good part of March. :) Happy Birthday, Sam! You deserve the best.

So glad you got help for your TV. Technology is great when it works, isn't it! And wow, Walmart was very nice to you! I say enjoy another birthday present. :)

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday again Sam! You got some great goodies today. I especially love that fabric. How nice that you were able to get help fixing your TV. We had an issue with ours for several days. I tried everything, even everything the helpful person from the cable company suggested. They made an appointment for early the next morning. When the sweet young man who reminded me of our middle son pushed the power button it came on and worked perfectly. I felt like a fool but he said it happens sometimes. Crazy.
Have a wonderful birthday again tomorrow and stay healthy.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Alissa said...

Happy Birthday month!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Happy birthday all month long. Funnily enough, our tv stopped working too and we tried unplugging everything but nothing has worked. The satellite guy is on the way right now to check things out. Enjoy all your gifts. My Colorado boy had a snow day yesterday. They had begun to wonder when true winter would arrive in Denver. Take care.

Miss Merry said...

It is so nice to hear some great customer service stories! I try to mention good service on our local Facebook pages, too. I think everyone is tired and is doing the best they can. But technology and electronics have me bamboozled. I am so glad that it was a matter of knowledgeable, helpful people and they were able to get you back on track!
Yesterday was a sad remembrance. I remember watching television that day and how fearful I was for our government officials and our country. I called our representative (who is being questioned now for his participation) and was talking to his office worker when we saw the woman who was shot being carried out. I told her this with my voice breaking and she was shocked and started questioning me. Before that she was almost snickering at my pleas to ask her to call him and try to call this off. It will forever be a very sad day in our country's history.

Jeanna said...

Yay! I'm happy you got snow. The floss drops are very pretty. I wanted to make some with my logo but all the files make a blurry picture.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Snow!! Good for you! Yes you should celebrate all month!:)