Tuesday, January 4, 2022

The best laid plans................

 Well, I turn 73 tonight about 10:30 p.m. from what I understand.  I was all excited to start my piano lessons but I spent the day yesterday after hours and hours (I will spare you the details) only to find out that my keyboard will not hook up to my pc which is required by most of the online piano lessons I was interested in.  So, I thought I would return it and get a "bundle" which includes the keyboard and the lessons from Playground Sessions which is the number one highly rated online piano lesson company.  My neighbor mentioned to me this morning why didn't I just get a book and teach myself.  I did look for a book and found one but I'm afraid if it doesn't work then I am stuck with a keyboard that I can't use for any of the online lessons.  I am torn as to what to do.....any advice would be appreciated.   So, no piano lessons for me....yet. 

 I was still dealing with it this morning looking for books.  Then I decided to window shop a long list of Etsy shops that Cynthia Brewer (Stitching in the Light) floss tube podcast mentioned in her wrap up of her 2021 finishes.  She had 50 finishes and that is in spite of getting Covid and being hospitalized and her mother passing away!  She is my new role model!  I have decided to work on smaller projects too. She also gave links to some darling free XS patterns!  So, of course, I printed them off.

I did start on my birthday XS start.............Ida Mae Crow......

and I received my first book for 2022............I sat and read the first chapter......

I decided not to make the crab legs today...I had to cook up some pork chops I had defrosted so I'm having pork chops and gravy and green beans.  It's a favorite so I won't be disappointed.  

Oh, also, my word for this year is FINISH.......was that my word last year? It will be my word until it no longer resonates with me.....that could take many years!

I was up early this morning so I am getting tuckered out and I think I'll get my jammies on and go relax until supper's ready. 

Happy Trails!!!


 

10 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Happy Birthday!! (and your baked pork chops sound delicious!).

Leftycrafter said...

Happy Birthday, Sam. Such a decision to make regarding the keyboard. I think I would be temepted to return and buy the bundle to play it safe. Or....how about YouTube? You could look there forblessons before you make a final decision. Your birthday dinner sounds wonderful.

Cousin Kay said...

Happy Birthday! Yes, there may be lots of beginning piano on YouTube. Take a look before you return it. I can help you if you have any questions.

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday Sam! Since it's 10:56 right now, you are now officially 73! I think your new project is darling. I was browsing patterns on Amazon today. I have no business doing that because I have plenty of things to work on and quickly too. I have a birth announcement cross stitch for our new grandaughter to be, plus two sweaters and hats for her and her girl cousin who is due two months later. I just know they'll be great friends.
I think the youtube suggestion is great. You could check it out first before making the leap and exchanging it. I learned by the old fashioned book method a long, long time ago and have forgotten most of it. But, I DO remember where the keys are.
I hope your day was a wonderful one my dear Sam.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Leigh said...

Happy Birthday Sam! I love the idea of piano lessons and I'm sorry the piano situation isn't cooperating. My learning project is photography, which is very interesting.

I also love the idea of a word for the year! Makes so much more sense than resolutions.

Alissa said...

Happy Birthday!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Finish! That could be my word too as in finished with finished! I would check out you tube videos and have you thought about in person lessons? There might be an old music teacher in your area. Can you buy the cords you need to run the program? I am certain you will find an option!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope your birthday was great!!!

Between Me and You said...

Happy Birthday (belated wishes by the time you read this!). xx

Jeanna said...

Hope you had a Happy Birthday! Also hope that you can get the piano & lessons figured out soon and can begin enjoying it. Ida Mae Crow is a cute chart. Looking forward to seeing your progress.