Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Snow???

  The weather channel is predicting snow but not much.  I'll still be happy if we get some!  Every once is a while we get a good snow storm but not very often.  Thanks to all of you I was able to make the decision to keep the keyboard I have, and order a piano book from Amazon that I had my eye on.  Your advice to look on YouTube was excellent.  There are all sorts of videos there too, and I have my cousin, Kay, as a consultant!  She took piano for years.  So, I feel very good about the path I have chosen.  Now, I just have to practice, practice, practice....as soon as my book comes next week.

Meanwhile, I was able to find a big plastic container, and gather all my cross stitch WIPs together in one place.  Now, I will go through them and organize according to seasonal, holidays, smalls, and miscellaneous.  Once I know what I have I will plan which ones I will work on, and in what kind of rotation.  I will do the same for patterns I have that I haven't started.  

I finished my first book in 2022.  It was started in 2021 but finished the other day............

Amazon states "It has been over twenty years since the publication of The Ragamuffin Gospel, a book many claim as the shattering of God’s grace into their lives. Since that time, Brennan Manning has been dazzingly faithful in preaching and writing variations on that singular theme –   

“Yes, Abba is very fond of you!”

But today the crowds are gone and the lights are dim, the patches on his knees have faded. If he ever was a ragamuffin, truly it is now. In this his final book, Brennan roves back his past, honoring the lives of the people closest to him, family and friends who’ve known the saint and the sinner, the boy and the man. Far from some chronological timeline, these memories are witness to the truth of life by one who has lived it – All Is Grace."

I gave this book a 3 out 5.  I think it would have better had I read some of his previous books.  He died in 2013.  He had a rough life and couldn't help himself but was able to help many others....R.I.P.


 That's all for today.

Happy Trails!!!


4 comments:

Betsy said...

Snow! I hope you get some if you want it. Not me. :-) We were supposed to get snow tonight but they took it out of the forecast. I did see that Colorado is getting slammed right now. It's bitterly cold here though. I think the high tomorrow is supposed to be 4F. Brrrr. It will be a good day to clean the hall closet. I just through bathroom stuff in there, both when we moved and again when we emptied the main bathroom.
I like your idea with the tote for your cross stitch projects. I need to get started on the one I'm making for our new grandbaby. I ordered it from Amazon and it finally got here last week. March will be here before we know it.
Blessings,
Betsy

Alissa said...

It’s exciting you’re learning piano. I wish I had more motivation to learn fiddle. I hope you got some snow. It is 14 degrees F here and we’re expecting some today!

Miss Merry said...

Enjoy your piano! I can't wait to hear about your progress. I am re-reading light fiction. I am just not in the mood to think too much, lol.

Jeanna said...

Glad you found a way to proceed with the piano lessons. And hope you got a little snow as well.