Friday, January 28, 2022

Treasures galore!!!

 What a great Friday!  I got a present...well, really it's a present for Grace and Miss Peeps.  I tried to get a picture of them playing with them but that wasn't happening!

My dear friend Susan has been knitting up a storm and sent me these 2 darling knitted mice filled with catnip for the girls.........too cute!  Thank you, Susan.  The girls are loving them!

I also got a belated birthday card from an old friend I used to work with years ago........a Mary Engelbreit card.....my favorite...frame worthy!!!  She also sent some tea.....thank you, Vickie!

My first Lori Holt fabric.....just a few fat quarters............

I cleaned another cupboard but instead of more room I had to find places for things that didn't belong in there in the first place...........plus I have many duplicates and triplicates of some items like Panko crumbs, broth powders and cubes and enough pasta to open a restaurant.  The top shelf is pasta and noodles, the next shelf is bread crumbs, grains, and broths and the bottom shelf is baking items, syrup and peanut butter.  Cleaning out my cupboards will hopefully keep me from buying multiples just because I can't find something...geez!

I cleaned up the kitchen and swept the floor.  It was craft day but I haven't done any yet.  I need to fill out my XS books and cut my fabric and batting for the Christmas quilt......but it's already 3:30 and I'm slowing down.....we'll see.

I hope you are having  a great Friday and Friday night!

Happy Trails!!!
 




5 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Gosh, we share some problems. Or habits? I just picked up Panko crumbs because there weren't anymore in the cabinet I keep them in. And, low and behold, there were two more cans on my pantry shelf in the utility room. I have christened the next two weeks "Casserole Weeks" and we are going to use up all my pasta and sauces and start fresh with a reasonable and manageable number. One project just leads to the next, doesn't it?

Betsy said...

Those are such cute little mice. I'm sure the kitties will enjoy them, especially with catnip in them. :-)
We have a lot of pasta too, and canned things, but that was on purpose. With the shortages, I'm glad we have them. There were no canned tomatoes at all at Walmart last week. This week it was chicken. You just never know what won't be there!
Take care my friend. And remember to rest when you need it.
Blessings,
Betsy

Alissa said...

Love those meeces.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What cute mice, I bet the girls love them!

Jeanna said...

Those mice are so cute! I've gotten much better about buying duplicates of items since we moved to Mom's. Her pantry makes it easy to see what we've got.