Sunday, January 2, 2022

YOP Week #27

I goofed last week and said it  was Week #25 when it was really Week #26.....sorry if I confused anyone.

I had such good intentions this week and thought I had plenty of time but from Thanksgiving on the time seems to run away with me and before I know it it is the New Year and, once again, I am not prepared.  I did not update Ravelry or my YOP plans for the remainder of the year.  I'm thinking next week as this coming week should be getting back to normal.  I also received a piano keyboard for my birthday so I will be spending time this coming year learning to play!  I will be taking online lessons and so far Playground Sessions sounds very promising but if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

Meanwhile I did have some starts in the cross stitch arena and I worked on my socks and I am hoping to do the toes this week and wrap that project up.....

I did finish all the ornaments but no final finish...yet......

I also put their initials and the year on each one......
   
My New Year start was very small and I had to order some floss as the required floss is just not available...........

I had to start in the bottom left corner because of the lack of floss............

This is my Winter stitch...Stu  the Snowman by Teresa Kogut................

If you want to see the difference between regular floss and hand-dyed...the brown, black, and white are all solid DMC colors.....the sand (yellow color in the outline of his body) is hand-dyed floss and you can see the variation in color...it gives you the effect of shading, I think........

I forgot to open my "stocking" that my daughter sent me.........but what a wonderful surprise when I did....(that "stocking"will be a future project bag me thinks).....

Here's what was inside......

Some Penzey's spices, some washi tape, a jar of orange zest that my SIL grated for me and a bag of precious milkweed seeds that my daughter collected!  Am I lucky or what? 

The Iowa Hawkeyes lost to Kentucky yesterday at the Citrus Bowl in the last few minutes of the game!  So sad.  The Chicago Bears play today at noon so I'll be listening to that on the radio.  I hope you all had a safe and happy new year and that it continues throughout the entire year!

Oh, by the way, last night when I went to bed it was 55 F...today it is 22 F..........brrrrrrrrrr!

Happy Trails!!!


15 comments:

Maureen D said...

Best wishes on your piano lessons!! I put getting back to playing the piano on my goals list for years after retiring but and finally gave up. So sad. I have a baby grand in my living room that never gets played. I really need to make myself play even just 15 minutes a day!!! But since my "skills" have deteriorated so much, it's extremely frustrating to sit down at the piano.

Leftycrafter said...

I agree that the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas flies by. Those ornaments are so cute. Y I u b are going to have so much fun learning to play on the keyboard. You have a lot more cute cross stitch samplers going. Happy new year.

Betsy said...

I plan to start Christmas ornaments very soon for next year so they will be done with no pressure. This year was stressful for me since gifts were lost somehow during our move. Handmade socks. That put me really behind as I had to reknit three pair.
I'm excited to hear how your lessons go. Maybe you can make a video for us of you playing.
And that "sock" is so wonderful. Not only the bag itself, but the gifts inside. All so very thoughtful and they obviously know what you like.
Come north Sam. We all want you here.
Blessings,
Betsy

Breathing Life said...

I have been playing my piano again every day for at least 15 minutes. My back doesn't like sitting at the piano longer than that. The stocking is so cute and yes it will make a great project bag. Happy New Year and wishing you lots of floss and stitching and good food for 2022

Cousin Kay said...

What do you do with milkweed seeds?

Far Side of Fifty said...

I will take your 22!! That is way warmer than -35 we had this morning! Looks like you have many new projects!! :)

Alissa said...

Winter has arrived, hasn’t it? Testing to see if I can comment. It’s Alissa.

Alissa said...

Nope, I logged into my Google account and it still won’t post as me.

Alissa said...

Ha, fixed it. It was my settings. Yay!

Lucy Bowen said...

Your forgotten stocking was full of treasure - how exciting! I lovdcyour stitching and ghe keyboard lessons sound brilliant - happy new year!

diane in northern wis said...

Love seeing all your stitching projects....all your great Christmas gifts and your temps sounds pretty darn good compared to here.

Becki said...

How fun that you'll be learning to play the keyboard. One more talent to add to your bag of many talents. And how fun to discover your Christmas "stocking" from your daughter - and with such nice gifts! Happy New Year, Sam!

Rain said...

Happy Birthday Sam!! ♥♥ and Happy New Year!
I love the little piggies!! :)

Jeanna said...

Your working on some nice cross stitch projects. I've never stitched a Teresa Kogurt but I do follow her on instagram and enjoy seeing her designs. She is quite an artist.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Your stocking and it’s contents are lovely, such thoughtful presents she has included. Best of luck with your piano lessons, that is an exciting gift to have received and will keep you busy whilst you are waiting on floss and between crafting. You give me confidence that perhaps one day I will learn an instrument…I’d like to learn saxophone but my husband doesn’t like the noise they make when played by professionals, so played by me can only be worse 😂