Monday, February 7, 2022

Front loader as snow plow?

 They plowed a bit...bless their hearts.  It was 48 F today so there was melting but it's still on the drive way and streets.....the grass is peeking through and the deer are right on it!    They're not used to this much snow for this long either.

I spent the day making a mess of my kitchen.............

to make these..............

and then I wrapped each of them individually with saran wrap....which is so much fun...said no one ever!

I doubt if I will make them again.....big mess, a lot of work and hard on the hands to stir....I'm sure the grands will like them though.  Grayson has a nut allergy....severe....so anything I make for them is homemade so I know exactly what goes in it.  A lot of things are made in factories where they process nuts...even M&M's...he can't even go to the ice cream parlor.  He's smart about it because he remembers how sick he was before they discovered it was a nut allergy.  He questions everything you give him just to make sure.  Hopefully, he will grow out of it someday but meanwhile we are very careful.

There's one more thing I'll be making tomorrow.  My Valentine cards haven't arrived yet but I'll mail them when I get them.  Are you doing anything for Valentine's Day?

I hope you had a great Monday so far!

Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

Miss Merry said...

You are such a good gramma to make them the homemade treats. It is amazing how well these kids do with these allergies. Kids can be so much more mature than adults. One year I had a six year old in my Sunday School with nut allergies. The other six year olds were very careful and concerned when it was their snack turn. They all took the allergy very seriously and it was so touching to see their compassion for someone else.

We can see the road and sidewalks here but I hear rumors of another storm at the end of the week. I am thinking of making a little Valentine lunch with heart shaped sandwiches for my nearby neighbors for Valentines Day. I have some cute carryout containers and I can hang them on their doors and call them. I have not committed to this yet though.

Leftycrafter said...

Popcorn balls are such a special treat. Homemade ones are super special. We don't normally do anything for Valentines day. We are homebodies for most holidays.

Betsy said...

That's a great idea! Maybe I should try to make something for Piper for Valentine's Day. She is allergic to dairy. Really allergic. Like quit breathing as a baby and in a rescue squad allergic. Our 15 year old grandson has Celiac's disease, so no gluten for him. They are both so good at knowing what they an and can't eat. Since Caleb was about 5 he was able to ask serves at restaurants about different ingredients. They both know how awful they feel when they inadvertantly eat something they shouldn't.
Love your popcorn ball idea. :-)
We were told on the news tonight that maybe we should water our grass because it's so dry here. So far we have only had about 6 inches of snow this winter which is about 1 1/2 inches of moisture. Last year at this time they had over 48 inches! Strange winter for sure. It was 60F today too! It feels like spring but I know winter isn't over yet.
Have a wonderful Tuesday Sam.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Becki said...

Those popcorn balls looks delicious, Sam. The grands will love them!

Jeanna said...

Your grandchildren are going to love the popcorn balls. All of the elbow grease that went into making them is worth it...but you know that. We have plans to spend Valentine's Day with our daughter, her significant other and his parents. Hope you have a great day!

Alissa said...

Mmm... popcorn balls. I've been celebrating by giving Bob his gifts when they arrive. His gifts are very practical: new pasta bowls, a set of forks, and yesterday some black garbanzo beans and a set of vegetarian cookbooks. We know how to live! ;)