Sunday, February 27, 2022

YOP Week #35 Year #11


 I was sick last week so I didn't post for YOP but I am better now and although some projects got by-passed I managed to do a little handwork..........first and foremost I have found a new passion......amigurumi and since we had the ice storm too my supplies are yet to arrive.  There was no traveling on our roads for several days!  So, I am a little stymied in moving ahead on my new passion.

Here's what I have so far on a free pattern from Le Petite Saint Crochet.........this is the head of one of the bunnies but I am waiting for the safety eyes to arrive so I can't go any farther right now....

     
This is the little scarf for the boy bunny....

now I am starting on the ears............not sure if I will make both bunnies....we'll see how well it goes.....this may be a short lived passion ....but I don't think so.............

I did manage to do a little cross stitch but actually, I was so sick I just wanted to sleep....so I did! LOL!  Then I had housework to catch up on after 4 days of just laying in bed...so I've gotten off my XS routine.

I did work on the Prairie Schooler Santa on the 25th..........

and Stu the Snowman..............

and in the evenings I worked on the giant granny square blanket.............

I continue to pray for the Ukrainian people and the country they are so brave in defending.  There are organizations that are helping and one that I have contributed to is Doctors Without Borders and Oxfam but there are many more.  Just ensure they are legitimate.
Happy Trails!!!





   

15 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

Certainly puts "freedom" in a whole new light.

Miss Merry said...

The people of Ukraine are so inspiring and they are really bringing our world together. I can't imagine the fear and pain in their communities. I agree, lots of fundraising has popped up and we need to be careful with our dollars.

I am so glad you are feeling better. All of your projects are amazing. You just take it slow and get better.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your projects are looking good! Always fun to try something new:)

Maureen D said...

Such fun projects you are working on. Glad you are feeling better.

Leftycrafter said...

Have fun with the bunnies. I think you will love making them. Even with you being under the weather, you still managed to get a bit of handiwork done. I really like your Prairie Schooler Santa.

Cinna Knits said...

Your bunnies are going to be SOOO cute! I love amigurumi, its such a fun thing to make.

Glad your feeling better!

ceulanfibres said...

Glad you are feeling better. I look forward to seeing your bunnies take shape.

Breathing Life said...

I love amigurumi - I made a couple of star wars characters a few years back. I am SOOOOO glad you are feeling better. Yes, praying for the Ukraine. My daugher lives too close to that country for my liking and I am trying not to fret, and I realize that the whole world is holding their breath.

Betsy said...

I am also rejoicing that you're feeling so much better Sam. I was pretty concerned about you. You are keeping your doctor appointment aren't you?
Your little bunnies are going to be so cute. Did you order the eys from Amazon? I've been thinking of getting some and trying my hand at some amagarumi again for the new baby.
Your cross stitch is looking beautiful too and knowing you, you'll be right back on track with all of your projects.
Take care of yourself and rest a lot. Please don't overdo.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

HighlandHeffalump said...

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been unwell and hope you are feeling much better now. I can definitely see the appeal of making the little characters that there seem so many patterns for, I think one day I’ll make a Winnie the Pooh characters. I can see why it’s your new interest.

Jeanna said...

Happy to hear you are feeling better. Those bunnies are going to be adorable and you are making nice progress on your cross stitch projects.

Between Me and You said...

Glad you're on the mend. I did some amigurumi christmas gnomes but goodness, what a fiddle they were!Could you perhaps just embroider your bunny eyes with some black yarn? Safer for small hands too, if that is your intention.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

YEs, I am keeping the doctor appointment on Tuesday!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

These are just for me but my grands are all older now....no babies in the family...boo hoo!

Lucy Bowen said...

So glad you are feeling better and hope the appointment went OK. Your projects are gorgeous I love the cross stitching and the start of the bunnies!