Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Sick yesterday......again?

 I had a stomach ache in the night and all day Monday....all systems were "go" so I have no idea where the pain came from.  I got up and made my bed and laid out my clothes and then I crawled back in bed and slept until noon.  When I got up the pain was less but I could tell it was still there.  I had no appetite but finally ate some supper so I could take my pills.  I slept good last night and woke up feeling fine.....go figure?  More "adventures in aging" evidently.  So, today I tried to make up for lost time plus we are going to get a winter storm that may leave us without power so I am making sure I have food made, and laundry done, and the fireplace prepped.  Since the last ice storm back in 2009 or 10?  I've purchased tension rods to put in the doorways to the family room where the fireplace is so I can hang blankets and/or curtains to keep the heat in that room.I'm hoping we will get snow and not ice.

Today I made bread........

and peanut butter cookies....peanut butter has protein you know.....lol!  BTW, those cookies are not burnt....I just like them that way............

I also started a granny square afghan....something I could do while watching T.V. in the evenings.....actually the giant granny is the best for that.....maybe I should make another one of those.

I also ordered a book on my Kindle.....I was listening to NPR and they were interviewing.....Rosalind Williams who wrote a book about The Science of Heartbreak...this is non-fiction.  She went through a divorce after 25 years of marriage and had some health issues and so she researched the subject.  I went through a divorce after 21 years and I came down with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Graves disease, and I had a thyroid storm and had to have my thyroid obliterated by a radioactive pill.  This was all the year of the divorce.  I will be very interested to read this book.  I may even try to contact the author. Evidently there is a connection between heartbreak and your health. 

So, it was a good day, I have food, firewood, books, handwork projects, and gobs of batteries.  It's just now starting to rain....wish me luck!

Happy Trails!!! 
 
 


9 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you get snow and no ice! Sorry to hear you had a stomachache...getting older and more finicky...your stomach not you! That book sounds like a bad nightmare...and your divorce year too...so glad you survived it all you are a strong woman!

Miss Merry said...

Sounds like you are prepared for this storm! We have been hearing the rumors all week. Right now it looks like they are guessing 10-20 inches starting at noon tomorrow. The schools are closing; they dont' want to get stuck with students over night. I am reminding my kids (35-45, still kids) to be sure to pack winter emergency supplies in their cars when they leave for work. Not sure how many school aged might be boarding at grammas.

Betsy said...

I'm sorry you didn't feel well Sam. There are so many "bugs" out there that who knows what caused it. It does sound like you're well prepared if there is a storm with an outage. Even having curtains to keep the heat in. Brilliant! The bread looks wonderful and those cookies are just like Dennis likes them too. I prefer them softer, but always "burn" some of them for him. :-)
Take care and stay safe and inside, especially if there is ice.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Becki said...

Glad to read you're feeling better so quickly. That book sounds interesting. I have no doubt that heartache affects one's health. On a lighter note, that round loaf of bread looks so good. I hope you stay warm and dry, Sam!

Alissa said...

That book sounds so good! Fingers crossed you don’t lose power!

Jeanna said...

The bread and cookies look delish! Glad you are feeling better. Fingers crossed the weather isn't too bad.

Cousin Kay said...

The bread is beautiful!

Phoebes World said...

You seem to be all prepared for what the elements throw at you. Hopefully you dont lose power
Your bread looks lush...as do your cookies... After 59 years... I have discovered I actually like peanut butter!
And...you have prompted me.. I really need to start putting all those granny squares together that I just keep throwing in a box!!
Get well soon!

Val Ewing said...

I heard that interview on NPR and thought it was really quite interesting.
I love your bread.
Wish I could love baking like that. I am all burnt thumbs when it comes to baking.