Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Ready or not here it comes!

 All day has been prepping for the storm pretty much.  It rained in the night and this morning.  It was 50 something and now it is 31 so if it rains there will be freezing.  From the radar it looks like we are right on the edge of the line between freezing rain and snow.  If it gets 1/2 to an inch of ice and it's windy we will not have power...Arkansas is like one giant forest beautiful but treacherous during an ice storm.  Last time there were elderly people that died in their homes because so many trees were on the roads they couldn't get to them.  Some of them lived way outside of town.

I did all the laundry so even if it's cold I will have clean clothes.  All the dishes are clean and I ran the dishwasher.  I replaced batteries in my lights and candles.........

I prepped for a fire in case I wake up to a cold house it's ready to light..........

Plenty of wood and kindling and more in the garage.......the green can holds paper

I also hung curtains in the doorways....I have a few more to hang.......

I don't have to worry about water because I have city water and it flows regardless.........I did manage to start a Valentine cross stitch....free from the Colorado Cross Stitcher.  The link is on her You Tube channel.  I should have just done the heart........it's bigger than I thought........plus I thought the fabric was blue but now I think maybe it's green.....it's sparkly too............


Here's a little something to make you smile........it did me!

If you don't hear from me tomorrow I probably lost power or maybe you did or maybe both of us or all of us!  Stay warm!

Happy Trails!!!



5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Hunker down and stay warm and dry.

Miss Merry said...

Fingers crossed for you that you don't lose power. You seem pretty prepared! Our snow just started and we are looking at an inch per hour until we hit maybe 18. Or maybe 10 depending on which weatherman you listen to. We are snug in our house, no grandchildren staying over and we have plenty of everything. Since we live in town, I think we will be able to get out by Saturday at the latest. But I have no where to go anyway.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I sure hope it's not as bad as they predict but you are ready! I know you'll have some yummy things to eat too. Take care and stay warm! Hugs, Diane

Betsy said...

It sounds like you're ready for just about anything. I hope it doesn't turn into much and definitely no ice. I like the curtain idea, it's brilliant. Stay warm and safe.
Blessings,
Betsy

Susan said...

I love that comic! The cat food producers really lay it on thick when they name their products. Of course, the cat could care less - all they hear is "blah, blah, blah". You are super-organized. We could all take lessons from your prep-savvy-ness. I hope you don't lose power - but, if I do, I'll be right over. xo