Friday, February 25, 2022

The Ice Storm cometh......and left finally!

 It's melting now and we never lost power...PTL!  After being ill I didn't want to deal with no power.  But I feel better and we stayed toasty warm.   Here are some pictures from this morning when the sun finally showed itself........

I found a new passion while"recuperating"......amigurumi!  I am now addicted although I haven't completed anything yet.  The patterns are so cute!

I started a free pattern for beginners by Le Petite Saint Crochet.  It is her Bitty Bunny Pattern for a boy and a girl.  I did get the yarn but now I have to wait for the "safety eyes" to arrive.........

Here's the next pattern I have my eye on.......too cute!  This one happens to be knitted and crocheted...

Meanwhile, I have also been busy doing housework.  I washed the laundry and kitchen floor yesterday....actually it ended up to be a 2 day process....but it got done!  I cleaned a cupboard today and threw out all kinds of "outdated" items that had made their way to the very back of the cupboard.  It's a lower cupboard which I will not put food in anymore because I have to get down on my stomach to reach it! LOL!  I put items I seldom use in it.  I need to clean the frig next but not sure my energy will hold out.  We had no mail one day and I haven't seen a UPS or FedX truck for several days.  I was supposed to get my supplies today.  I hope they arrive!  It's been melting all day with the sun and it is now above freezing for the first time in days!  Yippee!

I am praying for the Ukranian people and have been for weeks now...praying it would not come to this

Hold your loved ones close.....it could be us one of these days!

Happy Trails!!!



5 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

Amigurumi is adorable! Is it Japanese? The scenes of the families with young children sheltering in the subways are heartbreaking.

Miss Merry said...

Glad you are feeling better. Don't overdo and keep your appointment! I cleaned out my pantry shelves, too. I switched mixing bowls with some food items to move the food up higher. I think I greatly over estimated at the beginning of the pandemic the amount of salad dressing we require. I just love the duck (goose?) I would name her Jemima Puddleduck after the Beatrix character.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute crochet patterns:)

Betsy said...

I'm glad the ice storm didn't make you lose power and that you're feeling better. I've made some amigarumi and it was SO fun! I was shown how when I was in Japan...it's very popular there. I taught a few ladies the basic crochet stitches on one visit and the next time they showed me the amigarumi they made with those stitches!
My heart just breaks for the Ukraine too. I've been watching different reporters and commentators all day and it all seems so senseless. Dennis has been to the Ukraine several times and we know people there. We love them. This could be us. May God be with each one of them and protect them, especially tonight.
Take care Sam.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

Happy that the ice storm wasn't too bad for you and you didn't lose power. The little duck is going to be a cute project.