Sunday, February 13, 2022

YOP Week #33 Year #11


 Lots of variety this week as some of my cross stitch rotations rolled around..........there was a Halloween stitch which will be every Friday from now on..........this is one of a set of ornaments on plasticized paper by Satsuma House...........

my Valentine stitch.............which doesn't look to be finished by Valentine's Day but there's always next year!

My Sabbath Stitch................I'm on the big "G" in God...............


Saturdays I work on my Blackbird stitch..........I got another finger done!

I also worked on my Multnomah and got quite a few rows done...you can see by the green progress marker.....of course, each row takes longer and longer as you keep increasing...........

Watching the Olympics I've been working on my giant granny square blanket.............

There weren't any treasures or stash this week but I did find a wonderful crochet blog and podcast gal at LaPetitSaint Crochet  She specializes in amigurumi, knitting and crochet.  She has tutorials, free patterns and she makes beautiful things.  She has a blog and podcasts



 

Also, she mentioned Dada's Place another great crochet resource..........

and a book that I m ordering today.........LOVE!

I've been cooking some yummy things this week; Borscht soup...delicious if you like beets.  Check my past posts this week for the link.  I also made a quesadilla yesterday.....healthy and tasty also..........at the same link......


 As I said, I've been watching the Olympics and last night I watched Kurling.....very interesting!

Today is the Super Bowl but not sure I'll be able to stay up that late.........we'll see.  I'm rooting for the Bengals......I always root for the underdog.

Oh, I did manage to finally press the seam open on the quilt backing and press the entire backing.....it's a slow boat to China but I did manage to get a bunch of  other ironing done yesterday too.

I hope you had a good week!  I enjoyed several days of upper 60's F weather and now this morning it was 13F with a storm coming Wednesday night into Thursday.  Not sure what kind of storm yet....snow or tornadoes?  Never sure this time of  year.

Happy Trails!!!









11 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We like quesadillas also too have a fun week Sam!

Maureen D said...

Beautiful stitch work projects. I like your plan of different projects on different days. Since I'm retired, that might be the best way to keep track of what day it is!!

Breathing Life said...

Ah yes Curling - a Canadian sport if ever there was one. I have never played, but when we lived up north it seemed like everyone else did! Hope you enjoy the super bowl. And yes, I love borscht!

Leftycrafter said...

You did well rotating your projects each day. I like all your xstitch items. Your Multnomah is coming along quite well too. Have a good week. Hopefully your weather is not a bad storm.

Becki said...

Wow, you are clearly back in the saddle, Sam. I hope this means you're feeling back to yourself after wrestling some tiredness earlier in the month. I love your Halloween stitch. Do you find it hard stitching on black fabric? That will be striking. I look forward to watching all your stitches come along. Happy week, Sam!

Miss Merry said...

Gosh, all the different cross stitch projects, and each one cuter than the next! Those granny squares in vintage colors are cute, cute, cute. Glad you are feeling better.

Betsy said...

So many great things in this post Sam. I especially like the quesadilla. I love making those. The links for the podcasters and the pattern book look great too.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

HighlandHeffalump said...

Curling is big in Scotland and the GB team are all from Scotland. Our local ice rink does curling 6 days a week and is only open for ice skating one day a week! We have been watching it and we just beat the USA the other day in a match, all your projects are coming along really well. I will check out your new recommendations.

Jeanna said...

All of my crochet and knitting supplies are still in storage. I may have to dig them out as I heard Lori Holt is going to launch some kind of crochet project in the spring or summer. I may have gotten bad information.

Jen said...

That owl is super cute! You have such a great variety of projects.

Lucy Bowen said...

I always love all of your projects- I've been watching a bit of curling myself!