Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Hopefully on the mend.

 I'm still in pain but not as bad...just twinges once in awhile.  My cousin called me and mentioned a friend of hers had experienced diverticulitis which sounded exactly like what I was experiencing.   I'm pretty sure that's what this is brought on by those wonderful barbecued ribs!  I did not make a doctors appointment because what they do to diagnose it is not fun!  A rectal exam and a colonoscopy and who knows what else!  No thanks!  I researched diet for diverticulitis and I am trying to follow it.  Sunday, I was feeling so good that I think I overdid it a bit with the housekeeping.  Yesterday wasn't much different as storms were coming and I had errands to run.  I picked up prescriptions, went to the next town and had a key made for my neighbor, and went to the local grocery store and got some needed items.  I'm eating very bland foods and not very much.  I changed sheets, did laundry, and washed the kitchen floor.

Being sick and laying in bed for days, I finished a book!  A really good one!  It is the first in a series but I think there are only 4  total which is too bad because they are really good......similar to the Mitford books.  I've already started the 2nd book which I downloaded to my Kindle.


 I also received some  yarn I had ordered............... I ordered the wrong kind of yarn so not sure if I should send it back or just keep it for another project?

We had big storms last night so I didn't get a lot of sleep...I may be napping today plus we are still under a tornado watch and tonight the temp is going to dive into the 20's with ice and snow!  Never a dull moment around here!

I hope you are all doing fine.

Happy Trails!!!  


5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Glad you're on the mend. My hubby had diverticulitis so bad it collapsed part if his transverse colon and he had to have 13" removed. Luckily there are several feet of transverse colon. So those pains are not to be ignored! He ignored his for months. As for your yarn, that would make a nice lapghan or shawl. The colors you havebgo well together. Or just add them to your giant granny square blanket. Thanks for the book info. I will look that one up.

Betsy said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling better Sam. I've been praying for you. I hope you continue on the mend, but if the pain returns please consider visiting the doctor. My Dad had diverticultis and it was nothing to ignore. He was in the hospital several times.
Our weather is crazy too. Yesterday I was wearing a sundress and outside with no sweater and flip-flops for shies. This morning it's -40F wind chill and snow on the ground. Crazy!
Take care my dear friend.
Blessings and love
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

I have been worried about you! Glad you are feeling better, but as everyone says - I would definitely call that nurse back if things change. You sure did accomplish a lot while under the weather! Take it easy, girl!

Far Side of Fifty said...

So happy to hear you are feeling better! Take it easy!

Jeanna said...

I've had diverticulitis flare ups twice...no fun! My treatment included two different antibiotics and a super soft diet for two weeks. The diet then slowly transitioned to a high fiber one but not until everything healed. I now make sure I get the fiber and I eat or drink the Activia yogurts. Please consider seeking the treatments if you aren't feeling much better soon. I let my first flare up go a while because I didn't know what it was. The doctor told me I wasn't too far from surgery.