Thursday, February 3, 2022

So blessed!!!

 I woke up this morning and we had power!  I checked outside and it had rained and was sleeting and was about 20 F.  It stopped fairly soon and turned to snow.  It was quiet most of the day...no precipitation until just a few minutes ago and now it is snowing like crazy!  This picture is mild compared to right now.  From the radar it looks like we will be getting snow for quite a while!  Yay!

I did chores and some cleaning and then this afternoon, I made a Waldorf salad and sausage stuffed acorn squash with maple syrup.  It should be really good as the sausage was Jimmy Dean maple flavored.  This is one of my favorite winter meals.  It's all set to go in the oven in a few minutes!  I usually buy 2 squash which is perfect for 1 pound of sausage but I must have forgot and only bought 1.

I hope you are all safe and warm wherever you are.

Happy Trails!!!



7 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

So glad you didn't lose power! That acorn squash and sausage looks really good. Is it just sausage in the hollowed out squash with maple syrup in the indentations? Bake for an hour at 400? 350?

Betsy said...

The squash sounds really delicious. I'll have to try it sometimes.
I'm so glad you didn't lose power and can just enjoy the snow falling. At least where you live, it probably won't last too long, right?
It was -2 this morning when I woke up. Brrrr. But I won't complain, we didn't have to shovel snow. :-)
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Alissa said...

That squash looks good. We’ll have to try that. Glad you have power! We made it through the storm with power too!

Miss Merry said...

We didn't lose power either! I can weather any storm with heat and water, lol. We ended up with at least 12" and drifting. I got a lot of housecleaning and organizing done since my husband is a zealot with his snowblower. He cleared everyone in the neighborhood our age or older and one younger woman who was out shoveling with her kids. He likes to reward initiative.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you are okay! I love squash that way! So tasty!! Stay warm!

Becki said...

Earlier this week, as I was looking at some storm radar maps online, I actually looked up where you are approximately (based on things you've written here) to check on your weather. So glad you were kept safe and warm. Your acorn squash looks like it made a great meal (or two?).