Wednesday, February 9, 2022

I might be able to relax a little tomorrow...maybe?

 Yesterday I made the other "treat" for the grands...much easier than popcorn balls......good ole Rice Krispie Treats with a Valentine spin on them..........agai.n I wrapped each one individually and then placed them inside a zip lock bag.  I had 2 boxes...one for Valentine's Day which I mailed priority and one that had books and magazines in it that I mailed as media which is much cheaper but probably won't get there for 3 weeks but that's okay.

After I ran up to the next town to mail them I went to the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions.  I was going to go out to the highway and fill up with gas since it was in the 60's yesterday but I had 1/2 tank so I skipped it for now.  When I came home I made my menu and grocery list and ordered groceries.....by then it was 5:00 p.m.!

 Today, I picked up the groceries at 10:00 and came home, unloaded into the garage, debagged in the garage and then I take a few at a time (an armload) into the house and disinfect.  I put the disinfected groceries on the other counter and when that's all done I put them away.  I take several breaks too!  I needed a lot of things as I had used  some of my backups when I couldn't get out to the store during the snow storm.  All stocked up again.  It was in the 60's so really nice for being outside.

I got my Chicken Salad quilt "simple Shapes" from Lori Holt.  The QAL starts on the 14th....Happy Valentines Day to me!  The shapes are for the applique chickens on the quilt.  I've never done her method of applique so it should be interesting

I also received my new Roku Express 4K+.............I can see Peacock now and Amazon Prime video!  I installed it after I got all the groceries put away.

Peacock has the Olympics on which I haven't been able to watch and also it has Yellowstone which I've been wanting to watch.  I will be relaxing tonight!  There are lots more channels and voice activation and more!

I'll leave you with this...............

Happy Trails!!!





7 comments:

Becki said...

You may be surprised about media mail. I usually receive something sent via media mail within a week of it being mailed. OTOH, in December I mailed my sister a check using priority mail (so I'd have tracking) and that envelope traveled all over the U.S. before it finally landed in her mailbox. I was never so glad I had tracking service, but it was frustrating to see it circled around her town, then take off for a state over 1,000 miles away. It finally got there, I'm happy to say. Whenever the grands receive your gifts, it will be Valentine's Day. :)

Miss Merry said...

You are a busy girl! Enjoy the Olympics!!!!

Betsy said...

My goodness you have gotten a lot done. I don't know where you get your energy Sam. I spent much of the day at the doctor with my MIL. I have to take her for an ultrasound tomorrow so the sae thing will probably happen again. But, I think we get to move back into our house tomorrow afternoon. At least I hope so. The furniture won't be moved in until Sunday to give it time to cure, but apparently we'll be able to walk on it.
What a neat TV you have now. Lots of fun things to watch.
Blessings,
Betsy

Alissa said...

Love your Valentine's treats!

Jeanna said...

You are always super productive! I get tired just reading all that you do LOL.
I haven't used Lori's applique' method either. Actually, I've only used the fusible method and only on small quilts like table toppers. There are applique' blocks in the Halloween quilt that I'm working on but I'm not sure that I'll include them. They may be replaced by pieced blocks...we will see if I have the time and motivation to try and learn something new.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a great bunch of gifts for your grands! Your weather sounds great!

Cousin Kay said...

Nothing like the good old rice krispie treats, but in the Gray family anything with popcorn is always the best.