Sunday, February 6, 2022

YOP Week #32 Year #11


 It's been a tiring week with not a great deal of progress.  Between not feeling great at the beginning of the week to the storm which really was not bad since we didn't lose power.  But it is still cold and the snow is still here which is rare.  We still have travel advisories because they don't have salt or snowplows except maybe in the big cities.   Today is supposed to be 47 so I imagine some melting will take place.  I'd like to get some groceries sometime soon.

This week I worked on my New Years cross stitch on the 31st and the 1st..........this is a long-term project

then there was my birthday start on the 4th..............Ida Mae!

the Valentine XS..............

and yesterday  I worked on the Blackbird weekend project.........

Things I did but did not photograph are I sewed the backing fabric together for the Christmas quilt...finally and I worked on Stu the snowman just a bit...........

I did try the Join As You Go blanket but it was too fiddly for watching t.v. so, I went back to my tried and true Giant Granny Square blanket.  I'm making this one big enough for a real blanket for my bed.I've made 2 throw size Giant Granny Squares and I still have lots of acrylic yarn left!  This is the best project for watching t.v.

Today, I will be stitching on my Sabbath Stitch and hopefully get my quilt backing and batting and top all pinned together.  I've been cleaning and cooking this past week too.  Today I'm making linguini with broccoli, pine nuts, and feta....another favorite!    

Here's a little humor for you....at least I thought it was funny........so true, so true..........

Happy Trails!!!






14 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

V. funny! It also amuses me when the CDC warns us that it is dangerous to travel to other countries because of high covid rates when the US. is one of the world's biggest hotspots.

Maureen D said...

Glad the storm wasn't bad for you. My son called to say they were iced in. I need to call him today to see if they can get out yet. Lots of fun stitching projects!!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You are so right!

Miss Merry said...

I love your jokes and I agree with Cousin Kay. I would feel safer in Europe or Canada, that's for sure. Our vaccination rate in my neck of the woods is still 49%. And since you can get the new variant even if you had Covid once before, that kinda blows the natural antibody argument.

We had 12" officially. That doesn't count ice and drifting. We had sunshine yesterday and our city streets are pretty clear so all those people who bought all the bread can go buy more. I do need groceries, but I think I will wait until maybe Tuesday when this all dies down. We are lucky we got our beef quarter in early January and there is power to the crock pot!

Leftycrafter said...

You got a bit done on so many projects. That's a good week I think. Thebgiantbgrannybsquarenis such a great TV project. Yours always turn out so pretty too.

Betsy said...

You made good progress on the projects and I like the idea of your giant granny square. I need to make a couple of new blankets for the new trailer. I'm not sure what pattern to use.
I'm glad you seem to be doing much better. So many people are still so sick, especially in Spokane. Omaha doesn't seem quite so bad.
Take care Sam and happy stitching.
Blessings,
Betsy

ceulanfibres said...

I think a bit of progress across a lot of progress counts as good progress! The weather sounds quite challenging there at the moment. I think we’re having a very mild winter this year in Wales. Things are happening in the garden that shouldn’t be happening for a few weeks yet.

HighlandHeffalump said...

That must be tricky not having snow ploughs but I guess they are an unnecessary expense for some years when you don't get snow or it only lasts a few days. A little progress on lots of different items adds up to a good amount achieved.

Jeanna said...

You've put in a lot of crosses...and your crocheted piece is looking great. Hope you are able to get groceries soon!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you feel better this week and can get groceries. I went to Wally world this morning and hardly anyone was in the store. Some shelves were pretty empty..canned goods especially. Oh I bet your snow will melt:)

D'Nali said...

I think I read that your birthday was on the 4th, hope the day was lovely!

You've been doing an awful lot of stitching! Can't wait to see the F.Os!

Cheers for a snow free week, we got about 7 inches in the storm last week, warmer temps this week have been melting it fast.

Alissa said...

Oh boy, I feel you on that last one.

Breathing Life said...

I would love to see a picture of all your projects waiting for you to get to them. Are they stored in tidy little bags or strewn all over surfaces (that is where they would all be in my house).
Thanks for the chuckle with your cartoon.

Jen said...

Glad the storm wasn’t bad for you. Our area is similar, we’ll get some random winter weather but don’t have the equipment to deal with it. We just stay off the roads. It’s a good excuse to sit and craft :). Your cross stitch projects are amazing. What do you do with them all? My mom used to hang her stitchers all around the house.