Sunday, December 10, 2023

Yop Week #24 Year 13

 I can't believe how long I've been gone from YOP.  I thought it was just a couple weeks but it's been a month!  I hope I  have the week right.  I have been busy, packing, cleaning, and entertaining.  The grands were here for a week with my daughter and speaking of "grands" we had a grand time!  I did no handwork or sewing while they were here and the sewing is just for Christmas now.  The cross stitch I can pick up on "breaks" and the Prism crochet blanket I work on while watching T.V. in the evenings but the priority is packing, getting rid of things, and cleaning.

I did manage to make some progress on my Sally Spencer...........


 

and the Cherry Basket is worked on a bit in the morning.........

 

I've decided I am definitely going to redo the beak and chest in a more appropriate color....I can't stand the bright pink........

I ran out of black yarn again on the Prism crocheted blanket so I ordered 3 more skeins and it came last week.  It's getting big and I will keep  going on it until I run out of the big Mandela skein....I didn't care for this blanket at first and I almost put it aside but I'm so glad I didn't...I love it and it is really enjoyable to work on......plus it doesn't have a bunch of holes like some crochet blankets....

I'm working on the grand boy's 2023 Christmas Collectible Ornaments............they look a little rough but that's because they aren't pressed until done and  that makes the design show up better....I hope!  These are hooked with wool strips.........

As for "haul"...I got a few books...........this is a Blackbird Design book with stories and biographies of some of the women that served in WWII and there are quilt blocks representing them.......my Mother was an Army Nurse in WWII so I thought  this would be a fun project.  When  I had my little farm in Iowa, I had made a Memorial Rose garden with roses that were named for things from WWII but I had to leave it behind when I moved.  My stepfather and many of my uncles served in the war also so it was tribute to all of them.

I also got the 2024 needle workers Book of Days.  I paid extra to get it spiral bound, a plastic cover , and extra pages for notes and photos.   I want to get one of those little printers that print out 2 x 3 inch photos from your phone to paste in the back of the book of all my projects from that year.  I got it at www.coloradocrossStitcher.com

That's all for this week.  I hope to get back to blogging and visiting this week.

Are you all ready for Christmas?  I'm not....I'm hoping to do some decorating today and cards, and some wrapping.  Have a great one!

Happy Trails!!!
 



8 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Sounds like you had such a lovely time with your family! I'm so happy for you!
All the projects are coming along nicely (I agree about the beak).
I have hauled out Christmas decorations. I was hoping to tempt grands into decorating the tree, but they got bored quickly. The ornaments and the tree are staring at me right now. Meanwhile I am exploring Pinterest for decorating ideas for next year. It is no wonder I don't get anywhere!

Leftycrafter said...

So glad you had a lovely visit with the grands. You have gotten a nice amount of crafting done. Getting a house ready to sell is not an easy thing. I dread thinking about moving in the future. We have been Here for almost 40 years and that means we have been accumulateding stuff all that time.

Cousin Kay said...

Love the joke! Did your mother go overseas during the war? My father and Uncle Ben served in England, my father doing office work and Ben as a medic.

Anonymous said...

Hello stranger. I was thinking you were busy busy packing and sorting, sounds like you've managed to have a lovely visit from family and some crafting too. As always I love your xs projects. Have a good week and glad you are back blogging. Liz

Far Side of Fifty said...

I knew you were busy with family! Glad to have you back!

Betsy said...

You've been missed my friend! I thought you might be busy with family and of course that's much more important than blogging. I'm glad you're back though. Your projects are all coming along nicely, especially that Prism Blanket. It's beautiful. Take care of yourself and don't do too much at once. Believe me, I know what it's like to move. Five times in the past 2 1/2 years. No more. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

MaureenHD said...

Good to hear from you again. Glad all is well. Love your colorful blanket. Looks like you have some fun stitch books for the new year. What cute snowmen for your grands.

Lin said...

Moving is such hard work isn't it, not to mention the decisions about what to keep and what to move on. Nice cross stitch projects. I have been keeping small pictures of my finishes in the back of my diary for some years now - it is fun to look back and surprising what you have forgotten! xx