Sunday, December 31, 2023

YOP Week #27 Year 13

Lots of good things in the works for 2024!  I have treasures coming and new starts and some finishes too!  The first thing I finished and final finished is my morning start of the little stitch on my project bag........this was part of a cross stitch pattern from a book called Stitch by Cath Kidson...

the project bag now holds my next morning stitch which is a Mill Hill kit on perforated paper and with cross stitch and beads..........I started this last year but now I will work on it until finished.......there are places for beads scattered throughout the picture but you wait until last to put the beads in......I thought it was an ornament but it is too big so it will get framed.  There are 2 other pictures in the trilogy;  Mary and Joseph and the wise men...I think.  I'm not sure I will do those now that I know they aren't ornaments....Jesus looks a little pale for a child born of middle eastern parents...lol!  I should have made him darker...he's evidently the WASP Jesus........

I also finished the grands 2 ornaments but I have 2 more to do before I can cut them apart.......otherwise I can't stretch them over the frame...

I finished the cuff on my Christmas sock and am working on the leg.........I love working with self-striping yarns...........

I've been working on my Christmas stitch but that will probably be put aside come tomorrow when I start some new projects and a new rotation.......

I've also been working on the Prism blanket and this thing is going to be huge!  I have already used 6 skeins of the black and I have a big amount of the mandala still left.  I plan on using all of the mandala yarn.......

Tomorrow I will be starting my HUGE Anniversaries of the Heart patterns; there are 12 with 2 bonus patterns which I will stitch all on one piece of cloth.  This will be an heirloom if I ever get it done as each square will be dedicated to a relative or 2 or more.  I haven't decided who will go where but I have time to decide.  This is the first pattern...........it may be dedicated to my Mother, my son, and myself who are all Capricorns and born in the coldest of months..........we'll see..........

This is the fabric I chose and I love it but I hope it's not too bright............

I just received the last pattern in this series yesterday and because "no pattern should travel alone" I also ordered this one..........I love Blackbird Designs and I love birds...perfect combination!

As for plans...I will be starting Anniversaries of the Heart tomorrow as my "new year new start".  I will be setting up my Needle Workers notebook and rotation for all my projects, not just cross stitch.  I am hoping to start utilizing my books more and the patterns I already have.  But there is already another Christmas pattern I want and Urban Chicks have some new fabric coming out!  Woe is me!

That's all for now.  Next week I should have my plans for the new year in place and be able to share them with you.  Now, I am off to make a pork loin roast, a lime pear jello salad and some English roasted potatoes along with stitching and watching several football games....especially the Chiefs!  I hope they win this week!

Happy New Year's Eve.....be safe!

Happy Trails!!!
  


 
 

10 comments:

Maureen D said...

Happy New Year. Have to laugh at your "up at Midnight". That would be my hubby. I've ushered in the New Year on my own for several years now. I too love self striping socks and I'm so sad that two of my favorite self striping yarn dyers have stopped making yarn. Glad you are enjoying all your stitch projects and project bag.

Ruth said...

IS the sock yarn sparkly or does it just look like in the picture. Either way it looks lovely. What great plans you have made.

Betsy said...

I really like all of the patterns you have in this post. Especially the Christmas one you're working on. I could never put it away until next year! :-)
You have such great plans. I wish you a wonderful new year Sam, full of blessings from the Lord.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

Happy New Year! We are celebrating with cold medicine and kleenex. Here's to a healthier 2024.

Between Me and You said...

Happy New Year. My nose has dried up which in itself is a miracle! My decluttering journey begins today!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy New Year, I did not make it to midnight! I should make a project list but it would be depressing:(

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Ruth - Yes, the sock yarn has sparkles in it
Miss Merry and Between You and Me - I hope you all feel better soon. It's so fun to be sick especially during the holidays.

Anonymous said...

Those socks should knit themselves, I love how fast self striping socks knit up...always the need to knit one more colour band instead of one more row. Gorgeous designs in your future plans and your driving home for Christmas style is is so fun. Each time I see it I start humming Chris Rhea's song.

Anonymous said...

Liz

Lucy Bowen said...

Love all of this! Your sock looks lovely and the finished snowmen are so fun. I agree with the sentiment at the end!