Sunday, December 24, 2023

YOP Week #26 Year 13

 It's also Advent gifts #10 and #11......okay, let's catch up with the presents as they are cool!  Day #10 Amy received this reversible bag for "things and/or stuff"...........

and I received this bundle of goodness.......fabric, rickrack, and buttons!  For some reason the buttons didn't upload....but take my word for it...they were cute....little birds and woodland creatures.....

Day #11 Amy received these darling little tins by Pioneer Woman filled with rose shaped wax melties....in different scents.......

and I got these gorgeous baskets in my favorite vintage green color!!!  They are so awesome and I can certainly use them!  Get this.....she got them at a garage sale!  That girl is the best shopper!


Okay, now on to what I've been working on this past week.......I have a finish!!!  I did take out the bright pink on the bird's breast, beak, and feet and I replaced it with a more pleasing color, to me at least.........this is a Blackbird Design called Cherry Basket.....

That was my morning stitch which is usually a small cross stitch but that one definitely took a while.  My new morning stitch is a longtime WIP (work in progress) but this one should go faster and when I am done I will  have a project bag to use...I am using just one of these windows to stitch on the bag.....

the bag is like a plastic canvas that you can stitch on........

my big stitch has been my Christmas stitch from Silver Creek Samplers......I work on this when I take a break and sit down.....it's been worked on every day............


 The ornaments are coming along but I have 2 more to do after these 2 before I can cut them apart....running late this year or is that every year?  But at least they get their main presents on time and they never mind anyway.....I am such a lucky grandmother!

Here are my Christmas socks I made last year that I am wearing this year.  Tonight I will cast on the socks for next Christmas....it's a tradition amongst many knitters...........I didn't come up with it but I have been doing it for several years now........I'll probably blog tomorrow for Advent, the socks I'll cast on tonight, and my Christmas Day start...........

I got some "haul" this week and there will be lots more next week as I have my Christmas and Birthday present orders coming soon........this was a cute red work embroidery pattern I had to have as it is a perfect vintage Santa......

I also got some chenille trim for some finishing...........

Tomorrow I will have a brand new Christmas cross stitch start...stop by tomorrow as this was a lovely kit with everything included and then some..........
I made my favorite Christmas cookies yesterday but I had to leave out the nuts but they  turned out just fine.....
I finalized the decorating yesterday just in time.....

I cleaned out the fireplace and prepped for a fire this evening.....Miss Peeps has taken over the Christmas quilt I made last year...I wasn't able to make one this year....

I have to vacuum the family room and then it is on to the kitchen where I will be making a roast chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and acorn squash for dinner tonight and for tomorrow too.  We're supposed to get heavy rain starting this afternoon and into the night....poor Santa!  It should be a cozy evening.  I'm going to try and find a Christmas Eve service to watch on You Tube.  I hope you are all ready for the holidays so you can relax and enjoy the celebration!  I celebrate Christmas but I wish you all many blessings no matter what you celebrate.  In my religion, God loves each and every one of us!

Happy Trails!!!


8 comments:

Maureen D said...

HaHa, our weatherman last night talked about the heavy fog we are supposed to get tonight - thank goodness for Rudolf. Looks like you are all ready for celebrating. Lots of crafting to enjoy as well.

Betsy said...

What a lovely post Sam. You and Amy get some wonderful gifts for each other. Your color exchange for the bird was a good one. He looks great. I don't know how you get it all done. Yesterday dusted everything before I vacuumed the entire place, then damp-mopped it all. Cleaned bathrooms. Mandy, Brad and Piper did our gift exchange last night. This morning was a beautiful Christmas Eve day service. Lunch out in a little while with Dennis's brother from Florida. Tomorrow I'm making a ham dinner for everyone. That is if anyone can get here. The forecasters are predicting a blizzard tomorrow with 2-12 inches of snow. That's a BIG gap isn't it? I guess their way of being right whatever happens. Ha!
Wishing you a lovely Christmas Eve my dear friend.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Christmas Sam!

Miss Merry said...

The Advent gifts -so perfect! The Project update - what wonderful things you create! And your dinner sounds delicious. We had Christmas yesterday and have a frig full of ham and brisket. I had Christmas cookies for supper tonight. Merry Christmas!!!!

HighlandHeffalump said...

More beautiful advent gifts, such a lovely idea. I love that everything doesn’t have to be brand new, that you share makes and bargains but all with such thought. Have a wonderful Christmas. I didn’t think the colour needed replacing on the bird but I’ll admit it does now look more pleasing.

Lucy Bowen said...

What a week - I love the cherry basket finish and the the newspaper is going to be fabulous. Your advent gifts are lovely, I really love the tins! Hope your Christmas day was full of love and relaxing.

Alissa said...

Are those pecan sandies? (Without pecans?) I can’t eat nuts either, but I sometimes substitute sunflower seeds. Happy New Year!

Quazar said...

I love the Cherry Basket cross stitch, the little bird is just precious. Those cookies looked super yummy. They're one of my favorites.