Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Bad storms in Iowa and all over!

 My family lives in Iowa and thank goodness they are all okay but they had some bad storms!  It wreaked havoc all over Cedar Rapids where they live and Nebraska, Des Moines, Chicago and Northern Illinois.where I have relatives also.  They have no power and couldn't get cell phone service either for awhile....it's sporadic.   Plus they don't have a chain saw so they have been sawing things by hand.

All over Cedar Rapids it's the same.....it seems no one was spared although some had damaged roofs and Amy and Tracy are waiting for the insurance adjuster to come inspect the roof.  Tracy had just returned to work for his first day and they were on the way home when the storm hit.  They made it inside and they all went to the basement.  Amy said they could hear things hitting the house.

This is the top of a big pine tree in their front yard that got sheared off.

  Thank goodness everyone is alright.  I think there was only 1 fatality and that was in Indiana.  

Amy said they were told not to expect power for a week so they are cooking outside with wood as there was a run on charcoal and ice but I think they have plenty of TP! PTL!

It rained here yesterday and this morning so I made a pot of ham and beans in the crock pot, made some chocolate chip cookies and did 2 loads of laundry.  I'll be back tomorrow with some treasures I got in the mail today!

Happy Trails!!!

9 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I am so glad your daughter and family are ok. My cousin is in Marshalltown and they are also without electricity. They are using a camp stove. They even canned tomatoes on it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So glad Amy and family are okay. I heard that there were 100 mph winds that caused lots of damage all over from Iowa to Ohio. Strange weather year.

Jeanna said...

Very happy to hear that your family was not harmed. I hope they do not have too much property damage and the repairs are swift. My son is north of Chicago and they were told not to expect power until the weekend but actually got it back today.

Looking forward to seeing your happy mail.

Betsy said...

I'm so glad your family is okay. It was a crazy night for sure. Our family is all well too.
Blessings,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

That's amazing they canned tomatoes! Good for them! Marshalltown was in the news for sure!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Yes, it was worse than a tornado but less fatalities which I'm surprised there weren't any.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I hope they get power back sooner than the week they were told also.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

PTL your family is okay because they are in Nebraska! Do you still have family in Iowa too?

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com