Sunday, August 2, 2020

YOP Week #5

Week #5 already but I feel like I am off to a good start.  I didn't do so well with Jolly July; still working on Chicken Joy but that's okay.  Liberty is coming along well and I hope to finish this week...not a final finish but a finish of the cross stitching.  It's been a fun stitch so far.
I did have a finish this week but I am still behind one finish as I am trying for one finish per week.  This was a mandala pattern from my Boho Crochet book and they changed colors every row just about but I wanted something simpler.  I think I still prefer the doily pattern I made last year although I do like the scalloped edge on this one.  The double crochets for each row and the counting at the end of each row were a bit boring yet you couldn't watch t.v. because you had to count all the time.
I am showing you my Candy Kiss shawl as I have finished the first skein and started on the second and last skein so I am halfway..............I do love the colors of this yarn for sure.....

I'm also halfway finished with the edge of the Brill shawl and I love working on this.  I can't watch t.v. with this one either but I am not bored with it at all...........I just love this edging and the Quince and Company yarn.

I've been doing a little cleaning and decorating this week...........

and then experimenting with some fairy lights in my newly papered entryway.........
 That's all for this week.........for this next week I will continue to work on Brill and Candy Kisses.  I hope to finish Liberty and something else to catch up on my finishes.  I hope you had a good week and that you have plans for another one this coming week!
Happy Trails!!!

12 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Liberty is lovely. Is it about finished? What will it become when you finish it up? Your mandala is nice and perfect to set a vase of flowers on. Your brill is pretty and so intricate. Your shawl is coming along and I like the color. Fairy lights are so much fun to play with. I like how you have yours in the closet.

lovestoSwatch said...

I really love that edging - and the beautiful cover on which it lies!

Breathing Life said...

All of your crafting is lovely, but I so enjoy seeing those fairy lights!

Miss Merry said...

You always showcase such "pretties".

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Sam, You Candy Kiss shawl is looking great! Summer is so busy with other stuff between lawns, weeds, etc I don't get much crafting done. I did finish a shawl at 1 Am last night...blocking it today....see I have to stay up late to do stuff! :) Stay cool! And safe!

Betsy said...

Sam I really like that cross stich! The Candy Kiss shawl is very pretty too. I can't believe how much you're getting done these days.
Blessings,
Betsy

HighlandHeffalump said...

I probably mentioned last week, but I think liberty on that dark background looks so great, if I do cross-stitch again I will definitely look for a project with a dark background. Your shawl is lovely so far. I have confidence you’ll catch up on your finished item per week target as you have a few so close to finishing...like my favourite spiced pumpkin 🎃

Lucy Bowen said...

The mandala looks lovely and sets your vase off really nicely. Liberty, as everyone else thinks, is fab and I would love to see what you do with it.

Jeanna said...

This was a great YOP week for you. Your Liberty is coming along nicely. This was a fun stitch and I'm happy we got to work on it together. Do you have any idea how you will finish yours?

Becki said...

Looking at your Liberty this week, I was reminded that I recently printed out a free "Liberty" stitch pattern (by Lizzy Kate). You make me want to get my act together and starting making mine. :)

Alissa said...

I love the colors on your Brill Shawl.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com