Sunday, August 23, 2020

YOP Week #8

 

 
It's Fall Y'all!  Okay, so maybe we here in the South have 2 more months of "hotter than hades" but I've seen some leaves turning color and that's all it takes for me to get in the spirit!
I did not knit or crochet all this week because I had to kit up my Fall projects!!!  I do have a finish this week though!
Let's start with the finish.............it was my #1 Stitch Mania project from this year.........a Lizzie Kate design called A Little Luck which we could all use this year!
This pattern was gifted to me as the person had already stitched it.  It came with some beads and a horseshoe charm which of course she used on hers.  I stitched mine on lemon yellow 14 count Aida.  The beads are supposed to go in the flower centers at the bottom and the horseshoe charm is to be attached in the gold box on the right after the word Luck.  I may just stitch the flower centers but I think I will order a horseshoe charm to attach.  I still call it a finish.  An FFO is a final finished object which will be when you either frame it or make it into a pillow or whatever. 
I also did more dyeing of fabric but still can't find my yellow Rit dye and I probably need to order a gold Rit dye.  So, I  had to go ahead and use my dyed fabric as is for Thine is the Trick and the Treat by Prairie Moon designs..........
Here's my progress so far.........if you look at it sideways you can see it is half of a scary cat face....
My other Halloween start is my favorite of all...........they're really all my favorites.....When Witches Go Riding by Prairie Schooler designs........I changed 2 of the colors as I did check Misty Persel's from Luminous Fibers and she too thought that the recommended floss did not reflect the colors in the photo so she changed the orange and the gold around the moon.  I did the same although she didn't mention which colors she used I just chose 2 that matched the photo and my gold is even a little yellower.
Not too much progress yet but most of yesterday was spent kitting all these projects up and dyeing more fabric!  I am using 32 count Lugana and it is small but it is an even weave so that helps!  I'm not doing the sewing method as it is not comfortable with this small of a weave but I enjoy the process of the "slower method" just the same.
There is one more Halloween ornament by Jody Rice of Satsuma Street on Etsy and I can't remember when I got this and if it was part of Stitch Maynia or not but I am enjoying stitching this for sure!
 This is the first time I have ever worked with paper and it is so easy and not nearly as 'delicate' as I thought it would be.  It's very enjoyable.
I did work on my sock a little.  I keep forgetting to put in a progress keeper!  This is a Knit Picks Kettle dyed yarn...I think.......
I forgot to show you the back of my America last week and I think I will put a patch over the back where it looks crummy........

But on the other hand, I dressed up the front a bit more.  I remembered I had a eagle pin from my high school days and so I dug it out and pinned it to the pillow...........once I patch the back I will feel better!  I really like how it turned out.
The other fabric I dyed was for a Fall project........a free pattern called Give Thanks but unfortunately I could not upload the photo.  There wasn't much done on it anyway so you aren't missing anything! LOL!
 That's all for this week.  It is in the 90's here............ahhhhhhhhh!  So, I'm watering the veggies every day.  I've been eating green beans and cherry tomatoes from my little garden.  The bigger tomatoes are slow growing.  I have a pork butt in the crock pot for pulled pork for supper and I need to make some coleslaw to go with it. It's a quiet, peaceful Sunday.  Wishing you all the best of everything!
Happy Trails!!!
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

You really went to town on your cross stitching this week. Nice to see one of them done too. Mister Cat looks like he will be finish shortly.

Rain said...

Hi Sam :)) I love your "Little Luck" stitch! It looks great! The Prairie Moon is going to look great when you finish it! I love that pattern! Nice to hear you're eating from your garden! Oh 90's is hot...we're getting that in the day but it's cooling off at night!

Miss Merry said...

I love all your projects and progress!

Breathing Life said...

It is starting to feel like fall here. The light has changed and the air just has a wee bit of a nip. I love all your cross stitching - I admire how much you do every week. Your garden sounds heavenly! I didn't grow any tomatoes on the deck this year because I didn't want to go out to the garden shops to get any seedlings. We have been enjoying some from the market stands though.

Maureen D said...

Funny you should mention fall. I just posted two pictures on my Facebook page because I noticed this morning that the leaves were turning yellow on the trees and our driveway is getting significant amounts of fallen leaves.

Diana said...

The trees and shrubs are all a-changing here, too. Usually waits until September, sad that it's happening earlier than usual. I think the Mister Cat ornament is pretty cute! Blessings to you!

HighlandHeffalump said...

Oh that’s funny you mention fall starting, it’s felt very autumnal here today and the leaves are on the turn and some are dropping already, so I had a hot bath tonight and that very much an autumn/fall thing. Your Luck xs looks lovely and I really like the cute cat with the bow tie. One of my friends loves and decorates for Halloween and she’d love that Halloween rhyme.

Cinna Knits said...

I'm always impressed by counted cross stitch! And yours look really intricate! Awesome!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Leaves falling here too...but it is very hot and humid. I sure hope you don't have too much trouble with the hurricanes headed your way this week. Looks like lots of rain for you.
It is always fun to see your projects! :)

Betsy said...

We've been having temperatures in the 90's here this week too. We rarely have the humidity but the heat is bad enough.
I enjoyed seeing all of your cross-stitch and your socks. I hadn't heard of Knit Picks kettle dyed yarn. I'll have to look that up.
The little leprechaun is my favorite. He looks very mischievious. :-)
I hope your Monday is a wonderful one Sam. I'm hoping to knit some on my Pimpeliesse. I haven't had much crafting time recently. I would also like to get out the sheep virtues and work on them too.
Take care.
Blessings,
Betsy

Elka Knits said...

Your fall projects are great. My daughter, the one who is expecting, is huge into fall and she loves autumnal colors. I might have to send her here so that she can maybe be inspired. Not that she is crafty. She is artistic but none of my children do anything with yarn or thread. I am convince she will pick something up however.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com