Friday, August 21, 2020

My Favorite Day...............Friday

 Yesterday I made my menu and grocery list and ordered my groceries.  I went and picked them up this morning.  I came home, unloaded them into the garage, de-bagged, disinfected, and put them all away.  I got a few new Rit dyes too...........

I am getting ready to start some Halloween and Fall projects...I don't care that it's still in the 90's for the next month or 2......I'm starting Fall regardless !
This is a pattern that was gifted to me............
I had some fabric for it that I coffee/tea dyed but when I looked closer the fabric in the pattern looked like it had black and/or brown over dyed also.......so..............I dyed my fabric again with some black.........
It might need another over dye.........I'll see......but it's looking pretty good for a creepy Halloween picture!
I got treasures in the mail today also..........I got the floss and material for my Witches Go Riding project................I got 2 fabrics because I wasn't sure which one I was going to like.  It will be the top one.  The other issue is the floss colors do not look like the colors in the picture so I may be swapping some out and now I hope I  have them!  I think I remember Misty Percel saying something to that effect.  I need to go back and check her podcasts and see if she mentioned her replacements.   
These colors look a little dark compared to this picture...........I think I will be auditioning some new floss colors......what do you think?
 I just realized I have 2 Halloween projects and none for Fall!  Oh my!  So, I dug through my stash and I will have to choose one.  I should make it a small one!  This is so much fun!
  I also got 2 books from Thrift Books............I was hoping for the 3rd Nancy Drew book but the 4th one arrived instead and a non-fiction...........I hate reading them out of order...maybe book #3 will arrive tomorrow.......
 
I've wanted this one for awhile............it looks good!
So that's it for today folks!  I'm going to go whip together some chili cheese dip and maybe have some peaches and ice cream after that!  Oh, I forgot to tell you....remember the abundance of English Muffins they gave me on my last shopping trip?  Well, I ordered 8 white peaches but they said they were out so they would substitute yellow ones...that's fine.  Also, I ordered a packet of 3 boxes of Kleenex which they said they didn't have but would replace with individual boxes....no problem!  Well, I ended up with 8 white peaches and 12 yellow ones and I got a pack of 3 boxes of Kleenex plus 3 individual boxes.  I was charged but not much!  It is like winning the grocery lotto!  I'm so glad I bought that ice cream to go with all those peaches! LOL!
Have a great weekend!
Happy Trails!!!    







6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Ice cream with peaches sound fantastic. You have some interesting grocery mishaps. But they always seem to work out for you.

Miss Merry said...

I don't know how you do it! They are good at shorting me things at my curbside pickup, but I never get a bonus!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for winning the grocery lottery...I am short stuff and then they charge me for it and I have to call them up after I get home. No bonus here either. You have a bunch of Fall projects to pick from! Stay safe and cool...you could make some peach upside down cake:)

Betsy said...

I have had substitutions but no great deals like you seem to get. Lucky you!
You have so many fun projects planned for fall and halloween. I like how you overdyed the fabric too. You always have so much going on.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

I just placed my first order with Thrift Books but haven't received anything accept the order confirmation, no shipping information. I hope it works out because they have quite a few other books that I want to order. Your dyed fabric looks perfect for a halloween project...looking forward to seeing it.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com