Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Nothing good to blog about..........

I've not been blogging because there just hasn't been much good to blog about.  I've been arguing with the "pool" company and now I've submitted a complaint to Amazon.  The pool that I bought the grands cost $135 not counting shipping which was about another $30 I think.  They asked for pictures.  Well, my daughter was smart and at the time it started leaking she took 2 videos so I sent them.  They said they couldn't open them which I said was strange since my daughter sent them to me and I could open them.  They asked for still pictures so she took them and I forwarded them on to the company.  They came back and said they would reimburse me 10% not counting shipping.  That's $13.50.  I did not answer them back but filed a complaint with Amazon.  The pictures and video clearly showed that the break was right on the seam.  There was no puncture.
Then I went to mow today and the mower caught the netting that I had put over the beans and it sucked it into the mower, tore my beans off in the process and killed the mower.  I can start it but the mower won't engage because the netting is all wrapped around the blades.  So, I called my mower man and he will be over in a few days.....like Friday when it's supposed to rain.  I was so happy to mow because it;s in the 70's.  After Friday it is going back to the 90's. 
The wall paper is falling down and my planner is a big disappointment....I wonder what my horoscope was this week?  I hate to complain as I know I am still so fortunate but when it comes all at once it builds up and by the 3rd or 4th thing I want to throw in the towel.  My motivation and happy-go-lucky attitude goes right out the window.  I'll be fine but it sure takes the wind out of your sails.
I did have a little good fortune if you want to call it that.  I had ordered a package of organic English muffins when i made my grocery order to Walmart and they said they had to substitute Thomas's and I said that was fine.  When I got home I discovered they had given me 6 packages of Thomas's English muffins.

I checked and I had only ordered 1 organic English muffin package for $4.56.  They only charged me .76 each for the Thomas muffins (I know they are more than that!) but .76 x 6 = $4.56
Not sure how they worked that out but I have some muffins to freeze!
I also bought another hummingbird feeder as the other one leaked.......
I have been cleaning and clearing and organizing so I haven't totally wasted my time but it has felt a bit disappointing this week.  I have some treasures coming soon, I hope.  I need a little "pick-me-up".
I hope your week is going better than mine.  But I have food and a roof over my head and a bed to sleep in and I am healthy so far so I need to remind myself of that.
Happy Trails!!!

13 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Dang, Sam. That is what we call a craptastic week. Amazon had better make it right for you. That is a lot of $$$ for a defective item. Did you post a review on the product with photos? Many times that gets the attention of the company. They rely on those stars to help sell their products.

Miss Merry said...

That is so disappointing about the pool! Ridiculous. I hope that Amazon can help you out. 10% - what a joke.

Leigh said...

We had a similar go-round with Amazon over a solar attic fan. They wanted videos but couldn't open them. They wanted photos but couldn't tell what was wrong. They finally said to send it back and IF it was defective they'd replace it, but never gave me a return address label. Fortunately, Dan was able to fix it. Your pool though, needs to either be refunded or replaced. I'm sorry you're having to mess with this. Takes a lot of the faith out of online ordering, doesn't it? Good score on the English muffins though!

Between Me and You said...

Everything's fixable! Keep on at Amazon until you get your refund.The mower man will fix the mower and you can buy more packets of beans to grow. Stick the wallpaper back up securely.Muffins are delish toasted and smothered with butter. W
You're lucky you get beautiful Hummingbirds coming to feed. Everything will look better tomorrow.

Betsy said...

I'm so sorry Sam. It sounds like a nasty week that you've had to deal with. I like "Between Me and You's" attitude and suggestions. I also agree with posting a review of the pool on Amazon and posting photos too. Companies don't like the negative comments so I would think they would cheerfully refund your money to get a changed review. Be sure to post the photos as proof.
I'll be praying that your day's will turn around, starting right now my friend.
Blessings and a huge hug,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I like that word! LOL! It describes it perfectly!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

My sentiments exactly!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Oh well, I guess these are minor upsets compared to the things some people are going through.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I know you are right and that is my attitude this morning....things are always better after a good night's sleep.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

The mower man came by last night and fixed the mower for $30! Deal of the day and now I can mow today before the temps go back in the 90's! I knew come morning things would look better and my spirit would get recharged!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You hit a rough patch ...hope it is behind you now!

Jeanna said...

I've been busy with house projects and not blogging nor reading blogs so I'm catching up with you tonight. So sorry to hear of all the challenges lately. I really hope that Amazon corrects the issue with the pool.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com