Monday, August 24, 2020

Muggy Monday with books and a new subscription

 Hi everyone!  How was your weekend?   Mine was nice and peaceful and  I got to  talk to my grandson, Uriah and I sent a long email and some pictures to my cousin and I talked to my daughter.  I blog in the morning on Sunday for YOP and then in the afternoon I try to "keep in touch".  When I was growing up, Sunday was church in the morning and then after dinner it was a "spin" in the country checking on some of the cattle in the upper pastures and some visiting or "dropping by".  I'm trying to resurrect those traditions although with Covid and everyone living far away I use the phone and my stationary.

Today, I made some dough to make  hamburger buns which I've never made.  The pork butt turned out great and so did the coleslaw.  Pork butt is really fatty....I guess I should have known as it is a "butt". 

Garbage is out to the street and laundry is done.  As for my reading this week.............almost done with my magazine.  I read an article a day or evening....

   Still reading this wonderful wise book.....it's not a story but she writes about growing up with her grandfather and all the things he taught her and the fond memories she has of his "blessings".  I highly recommend it.

I finished this one and I will be reading more of this series for sure!  Actually, it is historical fiction and I didn't know that until I got to the end where she said it was a novel based on the real life adventures of Constance Kopp!  Very cool!  It even had a picture of the real Constance.

While I was waiting for my Nancy Drew book #3, I started this one.....it's very funny and she is a good writer.....

Today I got my other Nancy Drew books in the mail!  Yay!  So now I can read them in order.  I already started The Bungalow Mystery! 

I have been watching podcasts and I caught up with Suzie Reno and I'm trying to catch up with Misty Percell (cross stitchers and quilters)  Today I subscribed to the Frndly channel which contains The Weather Channel  ( I am a weather geek), Hallmark and Hallmark Mysteries, Outdoor channel and there's a few more.  It's only $6/month and I think that is a deal!  So now I can watch the hurricane and snow storms this winter.  They're already stating that Laura will make it's way into Arkansas!  Yay!  We need rain!

What have you been reading, watching and/or listening to  this week?

Happy Trails!!!


6 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I listen to hallmark movies all the time...love that channel! Hope the storm escapes you! :)

cassey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Betsy said...

You made me laugh out loud at the Pork Butt being a butt! Ha!
I hope you just get rain from Laura and it doesn't do much damage anywhere. The weather this year all over is awful.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

The very day I commented on your post about Thrift Books I received my order. It did not dissapoint. The books were in very good condition which is what they described. Can't beat the deal.
I'm currently re-reading Dorothea Benton Frank's Lowcountry Tales. She passed away last year and her daughter has started a book club on Dot's Facebook page. Should be interesting.

joan hardy said...

Hi viewers, I'm posting this Because i found lots of people having marriage problems which I also experienced. I recently found help from a man called Dr. Oselumen he did a great job that made my man fell back in love with me again after ten months of separation. I want you to know there are fake online spell Dr .s if someone out there needs help, can email this great spell caster, droselumen@gmail. com check or connect with him on WhatsApp +2348054265852. He will give you the best result.
CONTACT HIM FOR ANY KIND OF HELP,MONEY SPELL,LOTTERY SPELL,PREGNANCY SPELL,DIVORCE SPELL,SPELL TO STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL,HEALING SPELL,SPELL TO REMOVE BLACK MAGIC OUT FROM YOUR LIFE,FAMILY AND MARRIAGE PROBLEM.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com