Sunday, August 30, 2020

YOP Week #9

 

I am feeling so good about finishing things!  I hope I can keep it up but I realize I will have to  have some "quicker" projects along with more time-consuming projects in order to do that....some planning will need to take place.

Meanwhile, I finished my Candy Kisses shawl!  I did not care for the pattern and the yarn had 2 places where they had attached more yarn but the color of the yarn is what sold me! I also did not enjoy crocheting it that much.  I am so in love with the colors though that I am thinking I would like to hunt for fabrics in those colors (prints) and make a dresser scarf or a table mat.  Anyway.....here's the shawl.............

My next finish is only a partial finish....one piece of a whole.  I finished the border for the Brill shawl..............

I love this pattern so much and the Quince & Co. yarn!  I would love to make more of this for edging on my mantle, shelves and more!  It does take a while to make it though.

Now on to the shawl itself!

I worked on a few of  my Halloween projects......

This is the picture of the part I am working on.........

This is how far I've gotten....it's a big piece!

I also got out my Stitch Maynia project #2 to work on..........

and how far I've gotten.............

I had to order more blue floss above and also more plum for the Halloween Cat but they arrived already so I can move ahead.  I also got some foam stabilizer and a long zipper to make a vinyl and cotton project bag for cross stitch.  We'll see how I do.  There's a great tutorial on You Tube by Kimberly of The Fat Quarter Shop that I will be using.  Wish me luck!

This coming week I hope to move forward with the next part of the Brill shawl, make progress on my Halloween projects, and the Frida Kahlo basket (I really need to finish it!).  I also want to sew the project bag and maybe some Fall and Halloween 'bowl fillers'.  

Fall is definitely here because my white clematis is in full bloom and it only blooms in the Fall!  I would show you a picture but it has been raining ever since Laura came through.  But it's cooler, rainy and definitely candle weather!  I hope you are having a cozy Sunday!

Happy Trails!!!

 






8 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

Your shawl is gorgeous even if you didn't like the pattern!. And all of your stitching is lovely as always.

Far Side of Fifty said...

nice finish on the shawl! I have a favorite pattern I use...I have tried others and didn't like them as much. You are stitching along!! Enjoy your cooler weather we are! We could use less wind!

Betsy said...

What a pretty shawl and I especially like the snowman in the year of cross-stitch.
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. We'll probably be making a fast trip again to Nebraska in the next week or so.
Take care Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

I love all your cross stitch projects. Can't wait to see how they turn out and looking forward to the Frida Kahlo basket finish too. Glad the weather's cooler for you. It's definitely turning Autumnal here but then again, it's hardly been a 'normal' summer for everyone.

Becki said...

Your Candy Kisses shawl is pretty - I love those colors, too! NOw, somehow I missed that this this edging you've been working on is the beginning of another shawl. I kept thinking it was truly meant to be an edging for a shelf (or as you mention here your mantel). I can't wait to see the body of the shawl develop. As always, I love your cross stitch projects. Is that cat wearing glasses, or are those just his/her eyes? Can't wait to find out!

Breathing Life said...

I am always amazed at how many little stitch projects you have on the go. How do you ever decide which one to pick up to work on?

HighlandHeffalump said...

Another week of such a great selection of projects. I love the Halloween ones, do you think you’ll have one of them finished in time for Halloween?

Maureen D said...

Do you love fall? Halloween projects sound fun. I have a beautiful skein of sock yarn in fall colors that keeps calling to me but I've got to get my sweater done first!! I love the colors and cooler temps of fall but I do hate that it mean winter is coming.