Monday, August 31, 2020

Monday Book Date

I do have a finish in the book department this week and I better keep it up because I am 20 books behind in my Good Reads Challenge!  Another great Nancy Drew mystery.  Once I start them I can barely put them down!

I started book #5 and I'm halfway finished with it!  I have to order more! LOL!  I'm enjoying this one which takes place on a ranch and there's horses involved!

I'm still plodding through my other books...........the Back Country magazine.............I've always wanted to try this especially back in the day when I drank beer but now I don't drink at all so I probably won't.

I'm enjoying this book so much but each chapter is like an individual essay and after reading them you want to let them sit in your mind and digest them and not rush right into the next one.


This one I need to get back to as I was really enjoying it until my Nancy Drew books arrived! LOL!  So many books.....so little time.

As for t.v. I am watching podcasts per usual..........Misty Percel of Luminous Fibers and Brenda and the Serial Starter.  I was watching Stitching the High Notes but she has her own Etsy shop now so there is more about her bag making and not much talking.....more just a video blog.  She used to be one of my favorites.  That's happened to several bloggers; they open a shop and then it's just an infomercial or they want people to contribute by being a Patreon.

I did subscribe to Frndly T.V. channel and I got a lot of use out of The Weather Channel last week!

What have you been reading, watching, and/or listening to?
Happy Trails!!!



 

12 comments:

Martha said...

My goal for 2020 was 52 books in 52 weeks, I started out with a bang reading 20 books in January and February and then the pandemic came along and I just couldn't concentrate on reading at all. I better hurry it up if I want to make my goal! Hope you reach your goal too :)

Diana said...

I've been doing more rather than reading the past year ... craft projects and such I want to get done. I usually wait to read during winter, and even then it's genealogy/family history stuff. I bet your weather channel was used real good last week! Thought about you and prayed for you when I saw it was in your state!

Leigh said...

Seeing those Nancy Drew series covers is like a walk back through my childhood! I'm a very slow reader due to lack of time, so I wouldn't be a good candidate for a reading challenge.

Jeanna said...

I just finished re-reading Sullivan's Island by Dorothea Benton Frank and now I've started (re-reading) Plantation. I think I told you that her daughter is doing a book club of her mom's Lowcountry Tales on Facebook. And I watch a TON of flosstubes, Brenda and the Serial Starter is just one of them. We sold in our house (in 5 hours!) and now are in the midst of packing. No stitching or sewing for me and only a little time to read. Can't wait to pick up a project again...soon, maybe soon.

Betsy said...

I read all of the Nancy Drew books you've shown back when I was much, much younger and I really enjoyed them. I remember donating my collection of Nancy Drew and also the Hardy Boys to our small town library when I got married. Now I wish I had kept them.
I feel the same as you with several of my podcasts too. They have become mostly and advertisement for their products. I guess it's their right to do that but I have stopped watching many of them. I liked the knitting and crocheting content, not an infomercial as you called it.
Blessings,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Id d the 52 one year and made it but this 75 I've been trying for several years now and just can't seem to make it. I need to look for some books with fewer pages! LOL!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Thank you so much! I'm in North Central AR so I was very fortunate. We had a tornado watch but nothing severe.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I only read at night but I start dozing after a few pages! LOL!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I think I've read one of h er books but I can't remember which one. I enjoyed it too so I don't know why I didn't read more. Thanks for the reminder. I wrote it down this time.
I didn't know you were selling your house. No wonder you were working so hard on it. 5 hours? That's fantastic..I'm sure that must be a record! Where are you moving to? Stay in touch, please!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I know it takes time to do them but I think we spend more time blogging as they usually only do it once or twice a month. My mother never saved any of my things. Once I went to college it was all gone and I never had that much. My parents didn't really want to be parents....sad but true.

Cousin Kay said...

I just finished "Katheryn Howard, the scandalous queen" by Alison Weir. She is a terrific writer and even though I knew this story, she held my attention. The author has written nonfiction about the Tudors but she is now writing a novel about each of Henry VIII's wives.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com