Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Storm prep!

 Yesterday I got my prescriptions filled, mailed items, got the garbage out and back in and now I am good to go or stay in rather.  Today I  moved brush, brought in litter and salt from my car and moved my car up to the garage door.  I usually park it under the trees so it isn't in the sun but with the storms coming I thought it would not be a good idea for it to be under the trees.  My garage is full as I had been planning a garage sale before Covid arrived so I need to clear that out.  So, with all that done I am ready.  I just pray we don't lose power!  I'm also very glad I do not live in those coastal areas.  I would hate to have to evacuate!  But the remains of Laura are going to reach us here in Arkansas so I had to prepare.

I've also been doing cooking and laundry and staying on top of things that require electricity just in case.  I made homemade hamburger buns for the first time.  They are delicious and they were easy!  Next time I'll make them a bit bigger...........

I also baked some oatmeal with peaches and you can make it the day before and stick it in the frig until the next morning to be baked............it was also delish!  It has everything in it so all I did was pour some milk on top.

I am accumulating plastic bags again since Walmart does my shopping for me so I was looking for a way to neatly store all of them.  I found a video on You Tube on how to fold them like this.  It is the same way they fold the American flag.  I have a big old pickle jar I may store them in....we'll see.

I changed sheets and I've been working a bit more on my crafts room and watering outside of course.  I'll be grateful for the rain!

Stay safe and stay well where ever you are!

Happy Trails!!!

13 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Stay safe! I have a brother in Texas and another in Mississippi. They are battening down the hatches too.

Leftycrafter said...

Hopefully all you get is your much needed rain. Stay safe

Far Side of Fifty said...

A neighbor gal that went to school with our girls lives in New Iberia LA she has been doing live videos. Sounds like a really bad storm:(
Stay safe Sam:)

Betsy said...

Laura sounds like a storm that will likely cause a lot of damage along the coast and even inland a ways. You made lots of preparations so it sounds like you're as ready as can be. That oatmeal looks yummy and so do the hamburger buns. I've been doing the Walmart pickup thing for groceries too. Yesterday for the first time I didn't get three things that they charged me for and didn't offer substitutions. I think someone just forgot the items. They did reimburse me for them, but they were things we really needed so I ended up going to another store and going inside. It was terrifying. It's been a long time since I went into a store with more than 3-4 people in the entire store.
Take care and stay safe.
Blessings,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

I saw on our news report the line of people in their cars waiting to evacuate Dallas. Praying for everyone's safety. It's not as if we don't all have enough to contend with.

Jeanna said...

That hurricane caused so much destruction, I feel for everyone affected. Hope it wasn't too bad for you.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

No, it was really nothing here. We've had thunderstorms worse than that but you never know. I think the weather people exaggerate and they wonder why some don't pay attention. Yes, and the saddest part is that there are so many without insurance and that are already poor to begin with.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You are so right! Personally I would not live somewhere that I had to evacuate. But each to their own plus some are too poor to move or go anywhere else. I'ts so sad to see al the destruction especially of people's homes and all their belongings.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I'm glad I haven't needed anything else because Walmart is the only game in town here.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

It wasn't bad here at all....my lawn chairs didn't even get knocked over but there were some tornadoes around....I was lucky!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Yes, and that is what happened!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I hope they are alright?!

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com