Thursday, August 6, 2020

Lawn mowed and it's August!

 How did August slip up on me?  I even noticed some leaves turning.....the real early ones which all of a sudden I cannot remember the name of.  Sassafras?
 I was in my pj's last night getting ready to fix my dinner when the mower man called me and said he was on his way over!  What?  So, not one to question a gift horse...I threw my clothes back on and moved my car.  I left a blank check on the porch and told him so.  He fixed it pretty fast and only charged me $30!  PTL!!!  So, today I finished mowing and I also cleaned out my freezer.  I need to go out and water as the rain has been postponed...those silly weather people.
I've been watching cross stitch podcasts and all of a sudden I am wanting to stitch a sampler.  I have never been interested in them before but now I am.....especially ones with birds!  I have my eye on this one.........isn't it pretty?  Some samplers are huge and take years to finish.  I don't think I have that much time. LOL!

  I need to go out and water my plants now and wind down.  Here's a bit of humor for you........especially since I cleaned out my frig today..............

Happy Trails!!!

16 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I am laughing at the comic. I had bad chicken in the fridge that got thrown out today. The sampler you are eyeing is very pretty. You do lovely work on cross stitch. Hooray for little blessings like the mower man coming 2 days early.

Miss Merry said...

So happy about your mower - hopefully things are turning around from your very bad day. I love the bird sampler.

Betsy said...

A house call and only charges $30.00? I'd say your repair guy is a definite keeper.
I really like that sampler you're thinking about. The bird is so cute.
Your comic made me laugh. I'm glad today was better for you my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Becki said...

That sampler is beautiful, Sam.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Yes, the mower man made me happy!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You can't keep a good woman down! LOL!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I thought it was appropriate since I had just cleaned my frig!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I think your birds that you cross stitched really got me going on the birds!

Lucy Bowen said...

That cross stitch will be beautiful, and hurrah for the mower man!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I cleaned my fridge out also before the grocery pick up yesterday...cute cartoon! Glad you got your mower fixed! Stay safe...keep your chin up!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The chicken....oh my...I laughed and laughed! That really is TOO funny!

Unknown said...

Have you checked the comments on your old blog? One advertises that you can buy an ATM card that you can use to steal from any ATM. Others are for "miracle cures" and stuff. I don't know to whom they should be reported. Is that why you switched?

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

No, blogger wouldn't let me into my blog all of a sudden. I changed my email awhile back and evidently they just caught on with their last update and I couldn't get back in at all.

Diana said...

Only 30 bucks?! Woot! That's unheard of nowadays! Keep that mower guy around! // Sam, I have some goodies I'd like to send to you for your cross-stitching and such if you'd like to have them. Go to my blog and send an email to me with your address using the "Send An Email" contact form in the right sidebar (it's right under my sunflower photo), that way we don't have to put our info out there where someone can see it. I'll reply that I received it. Blessings!

Jeanna said...

Well, the mower repair was a pleasant surprise. I desperately need to clean our our refrigerator and freezer...it's on the list.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com