Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Welcome September!!!

I am so happy September is here and Fall is near!  It's raining here, some leaves are changing but now we just need the hot and humid to go away.  September is also Sampler September in the cross stitch world so I dug out my little sampler that I had started last month.  It was a free pattern from Blackbird Designs on their website.  This is my very first sampler but I know it won't be my last!

I also printed off another free pattern from Hewitt Hill Samplers on their website and it is a beauty and the original resides at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC.

I'll be looking forward to stitching this someday.

I was able to get a picture of my fall clematis in full bloom....the true sign of fall at my house....and then when the hummingbirds leave.  They're still here but I think they're getting ready as they have been swarming the feeder.  They try to eat as much as possible before their long journey.  I'm thinking fall may arrive early.

That's all for today.  Enjoy the first day of September!

Happy Trails!!!



 

11 comments:

Martha said...

Your fall clematis is gorgeous! It's still so ridiculously hot here in Florida, hoping it will cool down a bit soon. Happy September and happy stitching :)

diane in northern wis said...

Those samples are so awesome. I'd love to do the one that Betty Glover did in 1837. Your clematis is sure blooming! All of a sudden it has really cooled down here....about 62 today for the high...and the nights will soon be dropping into the 40's. Last winter was so long and filled with so much snow....what is in store of us this year?

Jeanna said...

You have some nice samplers to work on in September. No sign of fall here...hot, humid and hoping we do not have any hurricanes.

Betsy said...

What beautiful samplers. Your alphabet is done so neatly.
We had a few cooler days in the 70's and now we're back into the 90's and will be for the next week. That's unusual for here but I'll take it. Anything to put off winter. At least our nights are usually wonderful sleeping weather in the 40's and 50's.
Blessings,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

Happy September!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Underneath that clematis is an old clothes pole! LOL!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I would love to live in the north where there really is a Fall. I miss it and pray I will get back there. All those winters I commuted throw snow and ice but now I'm retired and I could just stay at home and bake cookies!
That Betty Glover pattern is free! Just go to their website and print it off. They are usually very expensive for the reproductions....like $50- $60! You go get it girlfriend!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

How's your new home? Where are you at now? How exciting to have a new home. It doesn't happen very often in life.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You're hotter than we are. I think the 90's are gone from here....at least I hope so!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Same to you!!!

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com