Sunday, September 20, 2020

YOP Week #12


 I  missed YOP last week and actually hardly blogged all week.  I was tired, busy and feeling a bit overwhelmed with all I need to do before the short Fall season is over.  I also had 2 finishes but cannot find them....woe is me!  I've been cleaning and organizing and that always causes a problem!

But I am here this week!  I had another finish for this week except I couldn't get it done because it required some beads and sequins to be put on.  No problem, except the beads are so tiny and they won't go on the needle that came with the kit!  So, I guess I will have to order a beading needle!  Anyway....it is done except for that......the black dots are where the sequins and beads go.  This is Mr. Cat by Satsuma Street on Etsy.  I'm going to check the instructions again.  Maybe she said you needed extra supplies.

I have worked on quite a few things....some more than others...........I finally got all the stitches picked up for Brill and started on the body of the shawl.  There are 2 colors...the blue and a pink.  There is 20 rows of each before you switch colors.  I am decreasing so it should get faster to finish a row as I go along. 

I love this project!  I love Prairie Schooler patterns.  

I finished the top banner and I'm now working on the words and the moon......very enjoyable stitching

I also worked on this one, just a bit though.........
I'm up in the left hand upper corner so you can see this is a long term project!

Remember when I said I wanted to try and work on linen again but not black and use a hoop?  Well, I found a kit that a gal gave me and it included everything except the needle!  It had a 30 count linen which is better than 40 and I loved the pattern and it also had hand dyed floss!  Blackbird Designs too which is a favorite!

I started it and have had no trouble whatsoever working on this linen!  I am so happy!!!  I have linen that was given to me and kits that have linen and I hate to not utilize it so now maybe I can!  Yippee!

For new stash/haul I got this pattern book by Blackbird Designs.........

 
and this sampler pattern...........

the pattern from the booklet that will be the first one from the book that I kit up is this one.......another Halloween one.........these are future plans and may not get worked on until next year but I have discovered that some patterns go out of print especially Blackbird Designs so it's best you buy them when you see them although that can be dangerous too! LOL!

As for what I'll be working on this week, it will be more of the same.  I did watch a tutorial for a tomato pincushion by Celeste Creates podcast so I'd like to sew a few of those for gifts.   But I have so much painting outside and mulching and trimming and burning that unless there is rain, I doubt I will get to it.  Rain is not forecast for the the next 10 days so I hope I get lots done outside!  Wish me luck!  BTW, the weather is just gorgeous here.  I have been waiting for this all summer! LOL!  No AC needed and the windows are all open all the time! LOVE!!!

Happy Trails!!!








12 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I do so enjoy seeing all your projects. Gives me lots of inspiration. You're the one who got me interested in counted X-stitch again! And I'm loving it.

Isn't this time of year wonderful? I'm sure our autumn season lasts even a shorter time than yours, but while it's here I feel energized and think I can do anything!

Ella said...

I really admire your x-stitch skills. Great progress!

Leftycrafter said...

I am jealous of your weather! I look forward to the days of open windows. Especially at night. Your brill shawl is pretty and the colors sound so pretty. All those cross stitch projects. You get so much done on each of them each week. I am impressed. Have a blessed week.

Betsy said...

Sam you have SO many beautiful kits to work on. Fun days ahead for you. Honestly, I thinkk my favorite though is the simplicity of the Autumn Alphabet.
I'm working on a sweater for Piper's birthday next week. I have the back and the left front done. Wish me luck! That's what I get for procrastinating. It's been such a busy few months.
We have partly cloudy skies and 69F today. No smoke for the first time in almost two weeks. We had some rain during the night that scoured the skies clean at least for a day or two. Hopefully it will continue.
Take care and enjoy fall my dear friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have beading needles if you want me to send you a few I can...do you know what size? Let me know!
I know how you feel about nice weather...we have to do stuff while we can! :)

Kath (BackstageKnits) said...

I love your themed cross stitch projects this week!

Breathing Life said...

Your kits and your progress are amazing, and such fun too - that cat. Hope you get the right size beading needle soon to finish him off. Enjoy the weather - fall is here too but mostly just rain right now - I think the sun came out for a while today but I was having a l o n g nap and missed it. Take care and have a great week.

Maureen D said...

Your needlepoint is beautiful. I just found some tiny ornament needlepoint kits I started many years ago. Maybe someday I'll finish them..... or not.

Becki said...

Glad to see I haven't missed much from you since I've been mostly offline for a couple of weeks. Hope you're feeling better, Sam. I'm chuckling over you misplacing projects due to cleaning and organizing. Boy do I relate! I hope you get done all you want to while the weather is good. It's been too chilly here to have our windows open all the time. We went from sultry heat to chilly days almost overnight. It's supposed to warm up again this week, but I think it will be mild from here on out. Perfect weather for outside work.

HighlandHeffalump said...

What a lovely collection of autumnal projects on the go. I have quite a few blogging friends who love Halloween and I’m sure would love your projects. That’s disappointing the kit didn’t have the right needle, but so far the cat looks great and I’m sure once you add the sequins and beads it will be even more charming. I hope your perfect weather lasts a while.

Lucy Bowen said...

I love all the stitching all of it looks perfect. I hope your weather lasts a while I think pir weather is about to turn!

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com